Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Proud Dorito Addict!
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Any of you Comcast Internet users having frequent loss of Internet every day? I have been having an awful time with my Internet going out multiple times a day these past few months. Some days it's out all day! Browsing the Comcast support forums, I see that there are many, many others having similar issue as I am having. My modem signal levels are all out of sync. So I wonder if there is something major going on at Comcast's end? I've done all the necessary troubleshooting steps I could do, and that was recommended for me to do. I have even switched to a different DNS server but the problem still exists. I posted in their forum back in June for help with my issue, and never got a response. Finally, today I was able to get someone by way of PM to have a tech scheduled to come out this Friday. The Comcast employ says I need a tech to come out and adjust my signal levels.

I am using my own cable modem, a TP-Link TC7650 and I am connected by way of an Ethernet Cat 6a cable. I am subscribed to Blast tier Internet. My speed test results are great when Internet is working properly.

https://www.overclock.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=210924&thumb=1

I have a few questions for you below.

1. Anyone else having similar issues?

2. If you had similar issues as I described and had the problem fixed, what did you or Comcast have to do to fix it?

3. Do you own the cable modem, or is it a rental from Comcast?

4. Did they charge you for the tech visit?

I am very interested to see what you all have to say.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,678 Posts
Comcast has had outages throughout all their services the past month or two, nationwide even. Wouldnt surprise me if their whole network is out of spec now while they get things up and going again.

·
Registered
60 Posts
If your signal levels are all over the place then its a physical wiring issue. And yes, those can be intermittent.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts