Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i've decided to purchase one of these and wondered what is the difference between them and if its worth to get the best one of these selected. (have really crappy headset and speakers right now so i need something better for mainly music but i do game and watch movies alot too.

(CAD dollars) (all open headphones, not the closed kind)
sennheiser hd 415 55$

sennheiser hd 437 45$

sennheiser hd 515 140$

sennheiser hd 555 180$

also i have a question about auzentech's sound card. for some reason i can't use EAX 2.0 in rome total war when i try to enable it. i got a message saying i don't have the hardware capability to enable that feature. i'm using a x-raider auzen card which is new but is stated to have EAX 1 and 2(released in july) and also i can't seem to have the option of choosing 96khz. all i get is 44.1 or 48 in the xear 3d but the auzen website says the card supports up to 24bit/96khz.

·
Premium Member
8,183 Posts
You will notice zero difference between 44.1 kHz and 96 kHz. I do mean none, as long as you are a human. Disregard those supported sampling rate specs, they're more intended for recording and production.

For headphones:

Max budget?
What music do you listen to?

·
Premium Member
8,183 Posts
Best I could find within Canada for your type of music:

Ultrasone HFI-680 - $205 CAD + ship.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
only problem left is the EAX. i can't seem to get rome total war to be able to enable the feature. i know my sound card can support up to 2.0 and when i select EAX 2.0 in the audio options for rome total war it says i can't turn this feature on because i don't have the hardware that supports it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts