Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So earlier today, I posted up here on OCN and determined I should OC my 5850 to 900/1200.

The card idles around 34-37°C (in 2D mode), and while running FurMark, hits 61°C (all according to GPU-Z)

My 1055T is clocked at 3.5GHz + 1.328 vcore. It idles around 27°C and while running Prime95's 'blend' tool, peaks at 46°C (according to Core Temp).

So, I was wondering, are my temps, idle and load, for both my 5850 and my 1055T normal?

Also, could I change anything in particular to make my 1055T OC 'better'..? I've been running P95 for 40 minutes and counting, if that is of any significance.

Thanks.

EDIT: According to CPU-Z, my NB freq. is 2.5GHz. Is this normal? I set it to Auto in the BIOS and upped the NB voltage one notch above what the BIOS refers to as 'Normal'. This is my first build/OC, so I'm not exactly established with how this scene rolls..

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Mine was about the same for the 5850. Can't speak for the 1055T though.

·
Banned
5,223 Posts
AMD thuban cpus can do up to ~65c safely. Raise your voltage to 1.37, and raise your clock speed to 3.8. Test with prime 95 for 2 hours. If there are no errors, you are stable probably, but just to be sure run it for 8 hours while you are are sleeping.

As for your gpu, those temps are great. I would recommend using MSI afterburner to make a custom auto-fan speed setting, so that its not so loud and a little hotter at load.

·
Registered
748 Posts
seems high to me on cpu. gpu temp is fine. Maybe you are reaching your limit on the hyper 212

1 - 4 of 4 Posts