Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Just picked up this chip to replace my 4.0 965 c3..and i have some questions

1. For thubans, do we use the same process as denebs, in that pump the nb freq as high as we can get it (2600, 2800, etc) and leave the HT at stock (2000) or should we also increase the HT freq to match the nb freq??

2. Is anyone using turbo core? Or are people just overclocking as high as possible and shutting turbo core off?

3. I tried finding the answer in a few places but couldnt..what is the stock voltage of the 1090t so i know what to set it at in the BIOS if it doesnt do it correctly (it didnt for my 965)

thanks all
 

·
 
Joined
·
13,000 Posts
1 , yeah same process for OC'n, and leave HT frequency close to 20000Mhz.

2, I used Turbo Core once I had my stable OC on my old 1090T @ 4.1Ghz. I had Turbo Core set at +1 multi for 4.2Ghz. You don't need to use it though.

3, Stock Voltage is around 1.375v for the 1090T. You can always go lower if it remains stable.
 
  • Rep+
Reactions: saiyanzzrage

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrTOOSHORT View Post
1 , yeah same process for OC'n, and leave HT frequency close to 20000Mhz.

2, I used Turbo Core once I had my stable OC on my old 1090T @ 4.1Ghz. I had Turbo Core set at +1 multi for 4.2Ghz. You don't need to use it though.

3, Stock Voltage is around 1.375v for the 1090T. You can always go lower if it remains stable.
perfect, thanks alot man
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,955 Posts
3. Stock voltage on my Crosshair IV is 1.3250V
Able to hit stock speed with 1.11875V(set in BIOS)....1.13-1.14V(full load), LLC-Enable
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,458 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by IOSEFINI View Post
3. Stock voltage on my Crosshair IV is 1.3250V
Able to hit stock speed with 1.11875V(set in BIOS)....1.13-1.14V(full load), LLC-Enable
That motherboard really does a great job at overclocking.
*debates on buying one*
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right now im running prime to test stability, here are my settings:

200x20 = 4.0ghz
cpu voltage = 1.375v
nb freq = 2800mhz
cpu/nb voltage = 1.25v
ht = 2000mhz

Prime has been running fine for an hour so far, temps are 49-50 so far

i have a feeling ill have to raise the core voltage for this to be actually stable, but so far so good
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,003 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by saiyanzzrage
View Post

Right now im running prime to test stability, here are my settings:

200x20 = 4.0ghz
cpu voltage = 1.375v
nb freq = 2800mhz
cpu/nb voltage = 1.25v
ht = 2000mhz

Prime has been running fine for an hour so far, temps are 49-50 so far

i have a feeling ill have to raise the core voltage for this to be actually stable, but so far so good

after its stable...see if you can get 3000 on the cpu-nb.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,003 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by IOSEFINI
View Post

3. Stock voltage on my Crosshair IV is 1.3250V
Able to hit stock speed with 1.11875V(set in BIOS)....1.13-1.14V(full load), LLC-Enable

nice overclock isoffini...i see you got higher overclock from the last time i saw your profile. nice work. =) off topic. sorry op.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,601 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by MrTOOSHORT
View Post

1 , yeah same process for OC'n, and leave HT frequency close to 20000Mhz.

2, I used Turbo Core once I had my stable OC on my old 1090T @ 4.1Ghz. I had Turbo Core set at +1 multi for 4.2Ghz. You don't need to use it though.

3, Stock Voltage is around 1.375v for the 1090T. You can always go lower if it remains stable.

right on the money!, but too many "0" in the first answer lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,895 Posts
I made the same upgrade as you (X4 965 C3 to X6 1090T E0), mostly for 3ds Max rendering benefits.

I had to raise my CPU Voltage to 1.5375V to get 4.0GHz stabilised with 2600MHz CPU/NB
(1.3500V for CPU/NB). Temperatures here are 34°C idle and 50°C full load. My motherboard taunts me - it hates overclocking with a passion. Sadly I don't see the Asus Crosshair IV as a worth-while upgrade due to its socket AM3, which is not going to be compatible with Bulldozer CPUs.

Turbo Core must be turned off when overclocking. If the option is not available to you, update your motherboard's BIOS. I had to do this to get the option as they recently added support for AMD Phenom II X6 CPUs. My stock voltage seems to be a mere 1.3000V, which is nice and low.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:


Originally Posted by sleepergsr
View Post

after its stable...see if you can get 3000 on the cpu-nb.

ok, well prime is still running, so well see if im stable at the clocks and voltages above

if i was to try 3000nb and its not stable, should i raise the cpu voltage or the nb voltage to try and stabilize it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,003 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by saiyanzzrage
View Post

ok, well prime is still running, so well see if im stable at the clocks and voltages above

if i was to try 3000nb and its not stable, should i raise the cpu voltage or the nb voltage to try and stabilize it?

just leave the nb voltage at 1.25volts. To stablize the it at 3000ghz..you will need to put voltage to the cpu-nb volts. try up to 1.4volts and dont exceed over that. watch yoru temps. it will raise it by mabye 2c to 3c on socket temp or core temps. make sure it doesnt go over 55c if anything. better chance of being stable if you can control the temps below it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:


Originally Posted by sleepergsr
View Post

just leave the nb voltage at 1.25volts. To stablize the it at 3000ghz..you will need to put voltage to the cpu-nb volts. try up to 1.4volts and dont exceed over that. watch yoru temps. it will raise it by mabye 2c to 3c on socket temp or core temps. make sure it doesnt go over 55c if anything. better chance of being stable if you can control the temps below it.

sorry, thats what i mean when i said nb voltage, i meant cpu/nb voltage

my cpu is at 1.375v and my cpu/nb is at 1.25v for 2800 nb frq

i meant if i want to try for 3000 nb freq, should i touch the cpu voltage or cpu/nb voltage
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:


Originally Posted by dixson01974
View Post

For a NB of 3000mhz you need CPU/NB Voltage of about 1.375v.

that seems excessive? im stable so far 4 hours in prime with my nb freq at 2800 with 1.25v to the cpu/nb voltage
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,003 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by saiyanzzrage
View Post

that seems excessive? im stable so far 4 hours in prime with my nb freq at 2800 with 1.25v to the cpu/nb voltage

it varys from different motherboard to motherboard and setup. try to get the lowest voltage as possible and being stable will give you better temps. for example...mine needs 1.4votls to be stable at 3000 with my ram speed and my overclock. if i lower the rams speed and clock speed to 4.0ghz...i wont need alot of cpu-nb voltage for 3000ghz. when you have a higher clock speed and memory...it tends to work out your memory controller alot more. hope that makes any sense.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,720 Posts
@ Saiyanzzrage -

Because all of the chips are different and no two clock exactly the same, and also because every motherboard doesn't effectively give voltage to the chips equally, your voltages will not be the same as others. Also bring in the accounting of which PSU is being used.. etc.

You'll need to tweak it to see what kind of voltages you'll need for each. The only thing to remember about voltage is when you start seeing increasingly high temperatures. The more voltage, the more heat.

While all of the voltage recommendations are good, you'll have to see what best fits your combination.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,682 Posts
If you planning to run DDR3 2000. You need nb of 3000mhz to run it right. Without your nb at 3000 you will bottleneck your memory at 2000.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok, well im stable at 4.0 cpu @1.375v and 2800 nb freq @ 1.25v cpu/nb prime95 bend for 8 hours, so i stopped it, in my eyes its stable

Not sure where to go from here, whether its worth it to try for 4.1 or 4.2 cpu or 3000 nb freq

im sorta approaching the heat limits, though i have a few degrees to play with still (i was 50-52c loaded in prime...)

what do you guys think? higher clocks would def mean higher voltages, which means more heat...is it worth it? would i see/feel a noticeable difference? (real world gaming, not benching)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,003 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by saiyanzzrage View Post
ok, well im stable at 4.0 cpu @1.375v and 2800 nb freq @ 1.25v cpu/nb prime95 bend for 8 hours, so i stopped it, in my eyes its stable

Not sure where to go from here, whether its worth it to try for 4.1 or 4.2 cpu or 3000 nb freq

im sorta approaching the heat limits, though i have a few degrees to play with still (i was 50-52c loaded in prime...)

what do you guys think? higher clocks would def mean higher voltages, which means more heat...is it worth it? would i see/feel a noticeable difference? (real world gaming, not benching)
i say its a nice overclock. i would just leave it at the overclock then. temps looks good and everything. nice work saiyanzzarage. gaming...yoru fine at the stable overclock.
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top