Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,943 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribes View Post

What's the PSU's rating? If it is Gold or above I would think so, but would be a stretch.
A PSU's efficiency has nothing to do with its output (its capacity).

·
Premium Member
15,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCables View Post

A PSU's efficiency has nothing to do with its output (its capacity).
I was thinking same thing when I saw that lol.

All I know is the 680 has max of just under 200w according to geforce site.

·
Registered
186 Posts
The efficiency rating doesn't have anything to do with the quality or power delivery.

219W + 195W for the GPUs leaves about 200W, which is more than enough for the CPU and the peripherals combined. You should be fine.
thumb.gif

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,943 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by $ilent View Post

I was thinking same thing when I saw that lol.

All I know is the 680 has max of just under 200w according to geforce site.
Yeah, but you have it overclocked. Is it heavily overclocked? Is the voltage increased? Unfortunately, I am severely lacking in knowledge when it pertains to how much power will be consumed by an overclocked video card. What's more, I think that the GTX 680's power consumption increases significantly when it's overclocked, but I'm not quite sure on that.

Will you be folding on both the GTX 570 and the 680 at the same time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribes View Post

I was leaning more along the lines of the stability of it under a large load, sorry.
Well, a PSU's quality cannot be judged by its efficiency in any way.

·

13,020 Posts
It'll work.

I have the same psu, Corsair version, and I put this thing through hell and back!
biggrin.gif

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,943 Posts
Quote:

I would be folding on all 3 possibly, just to see ppd figures. Normally though I might fold on the 680 and game on the 570.
Oh, so all 3 would be under full load, and that's quite a CPU overclock you have too. Guru3D found their GTX 570 to pull 213W by itself (excluding the rest of the system) and the GTX 680 pulled 173W by itself. The 3770K can pull about 150W at 5 GHz under full load, so we're looking at 525W or more when factoring in the rest of the system (that is, when folding and gaming at the same time). However, you said the GTX 680 is overclocked. Is it heavily overclocked? Is the voltage increased?

·
Premium Member
15,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ive not overclocked the 680 yet, nor increased voltage. Its just arrived this morning, and to be fair I dont know how to overclock 600 series lol
tongue.gif

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,943 Posts
Quote:

Ive not overclocked the 680 yet, nor increased voltage. Its just arrived this morning, and to be fair I dont know how to overclock 600 series lol
tongue.gif
Hmm. Well, I am guessing that if you leave both the 570 and the 680 at stock, then the X-650 should be able to handle this just fine.

• Rep+
Reactions: $ilent
1 - 12 of 12 Posts