Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okk well ive been saving ram everywhere 16 bit colors low bit icons etc.
it says i got 418 mb of ram free and when i play half life 2 it only uses 309 mb of that why isnt it using more????

·
Premium Member
3,899 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by metalkobra

because its not on full settings.

lol. what kobra said. ROFL.

You don't have it on high, why would RAM need to use all its resource?

And please... if you're an educated English speaker, separate with proper punctuation or something close to proper punctuation.

I know that I'm not the best English-grammar person in the world, but at least write so that the reader can understand. I absolutely could not understand what marcin was saying in the first post.

·
Banned
8,062 Posts
Half Life 2 is far from the most demanding game out there.. Its well coded and made, so thus it doesnt require alot of RAM on the regular settings. People have made hi-res packs like Fakefactory I think has one out that runs models and some textures and objects at 2048x2048.. Download that if you want to use up all your RAM
. (Friends system with a unlocked + OC'ed 6800 Pentium 4 2.8 and 1.5 gb of RAM lagged in areas).

·
Premium Member
4,596 Posts
If you want to force HL2 into using all your 400mb RAM, then go to the Game Properties (in Steam game section) and Right click, Properties, then Set Launch Options. Type in "-heapsize 400000" in it without the quotes and apply. Now it should be using all of your RAM.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts