Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some Sennheiser HD 598 Special Edition headphones. They sounds much better than my old HyperX Cloud Headset. Only thing is with summer coming and my room getting hot, my computer's cpu + gpu fans are kicking in at a higher RPM speed causing more noise. WIth the 598 headphones I have they are open back and cause a lot of outside noise, in.

So basically my questions is what is a good high end headset that is closed back that is comparable to the 598 or better for a few extra bucks? I'd say around $200 is my price range

Also I have a Xonar DX sound card, idk if I should just stick with it or would I need a DAC or AMP or something or just stick with the DX?

Also I use my headphones for mostly gaming of all genres

·
Registered
3,462 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I was looking at AIO choices and other CPU fan options but really it's not only fan noise, its a large portion of the noise, but it's also construction, gardeners, kids, cars, neighbor's windows is next to my window, dogs barking. It's a whole lot of stuff cause my window is open cause my room gets pretty hot but also opens my ears to outside noises. If I get better cooling setup it won't help with overall room temperature either which forces me to just open my windows anyways.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts