Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone suggest a mobo which would be good to overclock. I have got to 4.05ghz (into windows, didnt test prime, can prime @ 4.02 stable so far)

I am using a 775 chipset,

I believe most you guys are using ASUS, I have a gigabyte which is okay to overclock, however issues;

no manual vcore setting, I have cpu +5, +7.5 & +10% which is annoying.. and only DRAM +.1v

I use an AGP card. I am not buying a PCI-e one just yet. This will probably be the limiting factor in my mobo choice
I was thinking of selling it but I dont know if I'll get my money back it's not very old.

I only have DDR400 RAM but I would say DDR533 or 667 would be the way to go. I could sell my current stuff pretty easily, it's not much different price wise I've noticed - I wish I knew I coulda just stuck it str8 into my current mobo, oh well, sometimes we learn the hard way
Dual Channel would be a MUST. (currently running single, eurgh..)

I run a SATA drive. I would prefer a non-648FX chipset as I have had HUGE problems getting this drive to work properly in single raid mode (unless it doesnt work that way....?) and once I install the drivers for the raid card, only a format of windows will fix it.

* I have heard of agp-pci-e converters (albatron apparently make one) but have heard mixed opinions, feel free to throw your two cents worth in about these but I have a feeling I know what the answers will be..

Please suggest any mobo that will fit my current specs (with as much future room to upg. as possible, forking out on a mobo i never see as a waste of $$) which will let me have more manual control over my OC'ing.. thanks!!

·
Banned
218 Posts

·
Banned
218 Posts
yeah but he said he has an agp card, soo if he did buy that he would be spending at least $450 for a mobo and a good graphic card.

try selling that AGP graphic card on ebay, if you can get something out of it I would definatly go for the P5WD2-E. if not try the ones I listed in my last post

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for that

no, I am not going to get a pci-e graphics card, i've just spend AU$500~ on this agp one and to be honest, if you read about graphics card bandwidth you will realise we are barely using agp 4x capabilities, pci-e just has a lot more bandwidth that we can't use.. so I dont think you 'need' an pci-e card unless you want crossfire or sli, which is something I will consider a year down the track if I'm still gaming like I am now..

Steve i've responded to your post selling that mobo it's perfect i think, just want to double check my specs and make sure I aint gunna have any compatibiliti issues

it's this mobo yeah?

http://us.dfi.com.tw/Product/xx_prod...YPE=MB&SITE=US

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.