Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This isn't much of a mod but I'll be spraying some parts for looks so I figured I'd post it. Should be done before tuesday. This is my first client build!
Current Progress

Parts:
NZXT Gamma Classic w/black interior
Western Digital Caviar Blue 320GB
LG 22x DVD Burner
Gigabyte GA78LMT-S2P
Thanks to dpk33:
Antec Earthwatts 500W (deciding whether or not I'll paint this, it will add a lot of work)
AMD Phenom II 965
Cooler Master Hyper 212+
2x2GB AData 1600MHz DDR3
Thanks to Chino:
XFX 6870

Index
Stock Case Pics
Modded Case Pics

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
i love mods, and i want to know, what are your thoughts on the nzxt gamma? is it a good case, or does it feel cheap? anyway, subbed!
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
7,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its about $50 shipped. I don't have the case but I hear it feels a bit flimsy. I like the design and it's got a lot of great features for its price, so the sacrifice of strength shouldn't bug me

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
oh okay, because in the near future, my bud wants to buy and desktop, and i want to just make him one, and so i want a good case that wont break the bank.

·
Registered
7,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hear the NZXT Source 210 is good too, or check out the Vulcan, or Corsair 300r

·
13,101 Posts
Subbed, needs more pictures
rolleyes.gif

·
Registered
7,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
as soon as I start getting the hardware!

·
Registered
7,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My case will arrive today, pics up (hopefully) tonight. If the case comes in by 5:00 they'll be decent looking pics. If not then you'll get 3-4 shots from an iPad in poor lighting until tomorrow

·
Premium Member
4,450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepoopscooper View Post

oh okay, because in the near future, my bud wants to buy and desktop, and i want to just make him one, and so i want a good case that wont break the bank.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyd View Post

I hear the NZXT Source 210 is good too, or check out the Vulcan, or Corsair 300r
The Source 210/220 are pretty good budget cases imo. I've used one for a client build, I did custom loop in a 210 for my wife and I have a 220 for my folding rig. The Gama is still a sweet case for it's age. Need those pics!

·
Registered
7,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ill take some shots after school, and some better looking shots of fhe stock case then some shots of the mods should come in tomorrow. Maybe some shots of the internal components.

·
Registered
7,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
woot! Pics of the case. pics of it painted and including everything but the 6870 are probably coming tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
love the picture quality! cant wait for the mod!

·
Registered
7,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Those pics will come in either tomorrow or sunday, have the ACT tomorrow and I do not know how long it will take.

·
Registered
7,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hope I don't disappoint, but the mods will be very small.

·
Registered
7,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well here is the extent of the modding! I will be painting the PSU (as it is a green antec earthwatts), and I believe that will be all the modding for this build.

·
Registered
7,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
bump, feedback pls?

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
i love the blue! i also like how you didnt over do it. i have seen people just do too much of one color, but you did a good job with it.

·
Registered
7,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks! The client said he loved, it, so thats my primary concern put to rest!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts