Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a way to skip the beginning? Don't feel like going through the prison and caves again for character generation...
Had to reformat, lost my level 32 Breton...

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, but Id want the character to be mine... Like, is there a character generation plug in or something?

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GAH, its just a "planner." It does nothing as to actually make a character. Im just trying to skip the prison part, but by the time I find a way to do it, I could have already completed it...

·
OVERCLOCK IT OR DIE
7,336 Posts
You can also make a save right at the exit of the sewers. When you click on the gate it lets you change whatever you want.

·
Banned
7,351 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by toad12585
View Post

GAH, its just a "planner." It does nothing as to actually make a character. Im just trying to skip the prison part, but by the time I find a way to do it, I could have already completed it...

Guess you should have asked yourself WWCD before you made this thread

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by JacKz5o
View Post

Guess you should have asked yourself WWCD before you made this thread

LMAO

·
OVERCLOCK IT OR DIE
7,336 Posts
Also at any point during the game you can open the console (~) and type in:

showclassmenu
showracemenu
showbirthsignmenu

·
Banned
7,351 Posts
Well, you can always cheat and find someone's save game file, then go into console and just change everything. Look on gameFAQs or cheatplanet or one of those sites, they'll show you how.

·
OVERCLOCK IT OR DIE
7,336 Posts
All of those way are overly complicated. Save right before you leave the prison where it asks you if you want to change anything. I swear to you it's the best way of doing it ever lol.

Just load from it if you want to make a new character, click the gate, and change what you want to then leave and make another save. So simple, no mods to install, no consoles to open. Why no one figured this out yet is beyond me.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Modki
View Post

All of those way are overly complicated. Save right before you leave the prison where it asks you if you want to change anything. I swear to you it's the best way of doing it ever lol.

Just load from it if you want to make a new character, click the gate, and change what you want to then leave and make another save. So simple, no mods to install, no consoles to open. Why no one figured this out yet is beyond me.

It's just getting to the grate in the first place. That's what takes the time he wants to skip =)
~Kahuna

·
OVERCLOCK IT OR DIE
7,336 Posts
ROFL, well in that case I'll post my save game when I get home for him. I have a Imperial I made that looks like angelina jolie.

·
Premium Member
24,372 Posts
Next time you reformat... backup the saved games first
They're in 'My Documents\\My Games\\Oblivion\\Saves'

Put the save(s) you wnat to keep on a CD or thumb drive, and after reformat and installing Oblivion, just copy them back to that folder.... you can pick up where you left before the re-format.

I know.. too late for you, but just letting you know for future reference./

·
OVERCLOCK IT OR DIE
7,336 Posts
^ And that's what chozart would do!

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chozart View Post
Next time you reformat... backup the saved games first
They're in 'My Documents\\My Games\\Oblivion\\Saves'

Put the save(s) you wnat to keep on a CD or thumb drive, and after reformat and installing Oblivion, just copy them back to that folder.... you can pick up where you left before the re-format.

I know.. too late for you, but just letting you know for future reference./
lmao, I did the sewer grate save. And yes, I know where the save files are

Quote:

Originally Posted by Modki
^ And that's what chozart would do!
lol

·

29,532 Posts
Your avatar directly OWNS.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts