Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got Win 7 enterprise 32-bit through my university for free, i have Vista ultimate 32-bit now on my sig rig, is it worth my time? will i notice any performance gain during games? the dont offer 64-bit for some reason

Thank You,
Jacob A. Lynch

·
Premium Member
32,931 Posts
The 32bit key works fine on a 64bit disc
. The only thing that matters on the keys is what version of Windows it is. 32bit or 64bit doesn't matter. So grab a 64bit disc from a friend, use your 32bit key....and have fun

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by pioneerisloud
View Post

The 32bit key works fine on a 64bit disc
. The only thing that matters on the keys is what version of Windows it is. 32bit or 64bit doesn't matter. So grab a 64bit disc from a friend, use your 32bit key....and have fun

Well i dont have a key, it just checks with my school server has the key built in, im stuck with 32-bit. but from what i read 64bit vs 32bit benchmarks show basically no difference in FPS durring games

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'd suggest to go with 7. From my experience, it is much smoother and faster than Vista, not to mention more user friendly. Even better if you got it for free.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi864;11990779
I'd suggest to go with 7. From my experience, it is much smoother and faster than Vista, not to mention more user friendly. Even better if you got it for free.
yeah i cant argue with that
Well kinda free i still have to pay a technology free but thats included in my tuition and hardly noticable

·
Premium Member
10,476 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakester136
View Post

Well i dont have a key, it just checks with my school server has the key built in, im stuck with 32-bit. but from what i read 64bit vs 32bit benchmarks show basically no difference in FPS durring games

Yes, but you can use all 4 gigs of your RAM with 32 bit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts