Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I have a quick question, I am about to build my first watercooled rig, and I want to go with a yellow black theme with a hint of blue. My reservoir is going to be XSPC 270 Photon.

My question is;

For the Koolance High Performance UV Yellow coolant, how transparent is it? and will the default blue 5mm XSPC LED for 270 photon look good with it? Will the XSPC logo be visible? Or should I go with the clear Koolance H.P coolant and get a yellow 5mm LED?

Any help will greatly be appreciated.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/19693/ex-liq-362/Koolance_High_Performance_Liquid_Coolant_Bottle_-_Fluorescent_UV_Yellow_-_700cc_LIQ-702YL-B.html?tl=g30c337s890&id=PYiPfU7h&mv_pc=2705#blank

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/6448/ex-liq-56/Koolance_High_Performance_Liquid_Coolant_Bottle_-_Clear_-_700cc_LIQ-702CL-B.html?tl=g30c337s890&id=PYiPfU7h&mv_pc=2695

P.S. On Frozen CPU in description for the Koolance UV Yellow Coolant, it says it has corrosion and biological inhibitors, but nada for the clear one, is this true or just a mis-description on FrozenCPU's site???

·
Premium Member
4,571 Posts
I would recommend saving yourself some money and using distilled water (usually around a dollar for a gallon at any drug or grocery store), a little bit of this Here (I don't even use this, but just in case), and some food coloring. I have been doing it this way for years and have had zero issues.

Distilled water is as good or better than any high performance coolant at moving heat, a gallon of distilled water and that bottle of additive should be way more than enough for many loops. You can add the food coloring in yourself slowly to control how dark you want it as well.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlastshotx View Post

I would recommend saving yourself some money and using distilled water (usually around a dollar for a gallon at any drug or grocery store), a little bit of this Here (I don't even use this, but just in case), and some food coloring. I have been doing it this way for years and have had zero issues.

Distilled water is as good or better than any high performance coolant at moving heat, a gallon of distilled water and that bottle of additive should be way more than enough for many loops. You can add the food coloring in yourself slowly to control how dark you want it as well.
thx for tips, but if u HAD to chose between what I mentioned...which route would u take??

·
Premium Member
4,571 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by islandgam3r View Post

thx for tips, but if u HAD to chose between what I mentioned...which route would u take??
I would probably go with the yellow, and if it was to dark add some distilled water to lighten it. Yellow and blue can go together very well as well

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlastshotx View Post

I would probably go with the yellow, and if it was to dark add some distilled water to lighten it. Yellow and blue can go together very well as well
thx u jus saved me like 5 bucks that i was going to buy another 5mm tailed LED
smile.gif

1 - 5 of 5 Posts