Overclock.net banner

What solution is best?

• It dont matter

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Buy new (help me on the size)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Find it! (ok then if you think its best)

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Pirate Captain
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm re-building my gaming rig and its a fairly long process but I'm about to test fit most of the components and just moved my motherboard standoffs around and realized I'm missing 1.

I'm a perfectionist, but I also live in a rather large house, and the hassle of going to the attic to find something as small as a motherboard standoff is not really enticing.

Question A:

Would it matter that I miss 1 standoff?
The board is horizontal in my case, so all pressure is from the top and down.
Its the one there is a ring around I'm missing.

Question B:

If I was to buy a few new stand offs on eBay, what size do I need?
It looks like its a M2 thread but I'm really not sure, the case itself is a Lian Li PC-V33.

Option C:

I just pull my self together and go to the tomorrow attic and look in a ton of boxes for something almost the size of a needle (in a haystack)....

·
Watercooled
872 Posts
If you miss one isn't gonna cause any issue. Lian Li uses stand off with metric tread M3x0.5 not the normal 6-32 that most cases uses

·
Pirate Captain
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you miss one isn't gonna cause any issue. Lian Li uses stand off with metric tread M3x0.5 not the normal 6-32 that most cases uses
I got little confused because I have a brass one regular M3, but it dont fit so measured one and it looks like its M2 or M2.5.
I guess you are right it dont matter, thanks

·
Pirate Captain
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i consider it solved everyone agrees it dont matter. thanks

·
Watercooled
872 Posts
Are you sure that is a M3 ?. I Just take one from my lian li and measured it, is the same size of a regular M3 screw.

Attachments

·
Pirate Captain
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you sure that is a M3 ?. I Just take one from my lian li and measured it, is the same size of a regular M3 screw.
I'm fairly sure, I'm thinking of getting a digital caliper because I'm curious. It just started snowing again here so maybe another day

1 - 6 of 6 Posts