Overclock.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have an MSI Gaming Force board with a 10900K. Im using a PCIe 3.0 x4 m.2 in the slot for it (Not the top slot as thats for 11gen only) and a sata m.2 in my other m.2 slot. Can I replace the sata m.2 with another pcie 3.0 x4 m.2 and still have my GPU @ 16x? Im confused

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Ya, your GPU should still be at x16. The table shows that you’ll lose 2 sata ports (and an additional one if a sata drive is in the top slot, not that that applies to you) if you put a drive in the second slot.

My gigabyte and asus boards will do that too.

Afaik, the only way to make your GPU operate at x8 is to use something else in the second x16 slot.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya, your GPU should still be at x16. The table shows that you’ll lose 2 sata ports (and an additional one if a sata drive is in the top slot, not that that applies to you) if you put a drive in the second slot.

My gigabyte and asus boards will do that too.

Afaik, the only way to make your GPU operate at x8 is to use something else in the second x16 slot.
ahh, okay... thanks much (y)

·
Iconoclast
31,437 Posts

·
Registered
10900k / 3090
227 Posts
On the M13H I sent back, if you used more than 4 sata drives (I have 6 1tb ssds in storage pool) and a m.2 in the bottom slot the GPU runs at 8x

1 - 5 of 5 Posts