Overclock.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So if I purchase a new drive identical to my current hard drive, can I set up a RAID 0 array without formatting my current drive? i.e. plug in the second drive, run RAID setup and have all my infomation on the "new" drive C that consists of both drives?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I was afraid of. Thanks for the quick response! That just makes it very difficult to add RAID to an existing machine. I should've just purchased 2 drives when I built it in the first place.

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
yes, it is a lot easier to set up a RAID array when you first build a computer because you don't have to worry about loosing your data... but it's not that bad to start over from scratch especially if you have an external hd, mp3 player or a dvd burner. you can store all your important data there while you set up your array.

dont let this discourage you though! you will see a performance increase if you choose to go w/ raid

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.