Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so Ive got my 2nd GTX460, but I lost the bridge that came with my mobo, and have one in the mail, coming next week.

Can I setup my cards in my rig without the bridge now, and add it later when I have it or whats the procedure with that?

As a matter of fact, I havent done SLI since 2006 with some 7800GTXs, so... could someone tell me how to properly set it up again?
Thanks guys:D

·
Premium Member
8,364 Posts
Depending on where you live, stores like Fry's or Microcenter have them for like $5 as well.

·
Premium Member
6,404 Posts
Yes you can use both now, you just won't be able to run them in SLI without a bridge.
However, since you don't have a second display, it's kinda pointless not to run them in SLI, so you may as well install the second GPU when the bridge arrives.

To install it: Shutdown machine. Add second card, install bridge, start up machine. Allow drivers to install, reboot.
The drivers should detect that you're running an SLI capable setup, look for a popup when the GPU's drivers are installed.
If they don't detect it, reboot to safe mode, apply driver cleanser, and reinstall drivers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts