Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here's the site :

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/cat...lickid=leftnav

Which Tygon tubing to get...I need 3/8" ID, bu I Have no idea what OD...just point me to the right type of Tygon tubing that's best for H2O Cooling...B/c I have no Idea..

Also, what size should I get for the OD, I have a 3/8 MCWP-350, DangerDen TDX CPU block, Swiftech MCW-60 GPU Block..

So, I know I need 3/8" ID, but I don't know what OD.

Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
22,477 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,477 Posts

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, so the Lab tubing is the way to go?

·
Premium Member
22,477 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BrinNutz

Ok, so the Lab tubing is the way to go?

Yeah that's what you want.....

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, another question, What quick disconnects (that don't leak when you disconnect them) should I use, from the US Plastics website? I don't know enought about them to order the right parts. I guess I'd need 2 pair of them. So, which ones to order (both male and female??)????

And, do I need a T-Line and fillport if I use a Resevoir? Or would that just be for convienence (sp?)?

BTW...repped Ira..Thanks!

·
SNERP!!!
4,183 Posts
Quote:

Ok, another question, What quick disconnects (that don't leak when you disconnect them) should I use, from the US Plastics website? I don't know enought about them to order the right parts. I guess I'd need 2 pair of them. So, which ones to order (both male and female??)????

And, do I need a T-Line and fillport if I use a Resevoir? Or would that just be for convienence (sp?)?

You don't need a fillport if you have a res....let me take a look at the tubing and I'll get back to you.

·
Premium Member
22,477 Posts
Quote:

I'll go look at the website for quick connects, but yeah you need a male and female...I wouldn't use them if I were you though,they are real restrictive..No you don't need a T-Line or fillport when your using a res, people use them when they don't want a res...

·
Premium Member
22,477 Posts

·
SNERP!!!
4,183 Posts
HEREOk...you want either 57120 or 57121 from
I would go with the 57120. It has the same wall thickness as 7/16ID-5/8OD.

Or you can go with the 57260 HERE

I think those quick disconnects that I linked you (the ones that ran an arm and a leg) would be the best out of all the options, but like Ira-k said they could leak.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ira-k
These are the ones for inline...And the second are for panel mount, like if you were drilling a hole in the side of your case and hard mounting it...http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/pro...duct%5Fid=7413
High-Flow Quick Disconnect Couplings by Colder - US Plastic Corporation..................http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/pro...duct%5Fid=7290
Polypropylene And Acetal Quick Disconnect Coupling-Panel Mount Hose Barb - US Plastic Corporation
I think you will have to get a shut off valve with those.

• Rep+
Reactions: BrinNutz

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, so my understanding is, I will be restricting my flow greatly by using the quick disconnect spillproof ones, correct?

FYI, I'm not using it on the rig below, this is for my 754 rig...This is for practice, so I can then install my H2O on my sig rig...Practice makes perfect!

Anwyho, Thanks guys, I'm going to look into what y'all said here in a bit when I get some more time...

Reps again!! Snerp..Thanks again, and all the help from the pm's from a while ago!!

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Can I get Tygon from a Hardware store?"

·
Premium Member
22,477 Posts
Quote:

Ok, so my understanding is, I will be restricting my flow greatly by using the quick disconnect spillproof ones, correct?

FYI, I'm not using it on the rig below, this is for my 754 rig...This is for practice, so I can then install my H2O on my sig rig...Practice makes perfect!

Anwyho, Thanks guys, I'm going to look into what y'all said here in a bit when I get some more time...

Reps again!! Snerp..Thanks again, and all the help from the pm's from a while ago!!
Yeah they are real restrictive. They came stock on my Nautilus, it had 3/8ID tube and the inside of the quick connects was only about a 1/4" inch..They are really cool though I hated to cut them out...

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Premium Member
7,891 Posts
i use the stuff with the thicker wall (its the same size that crazy/frozencpu sell) and it works pretty good allthough i dont have much of a comparison i think the thicker stuff will resist kinking better then the thinner stuff

·
Premium Member
22,477 Posts
Quote:

Can I get Tygon from a Hardware store?"
The only kind I've been able to find around here is the real stiff vinyl type tubing, it's horrible to work with and route through your system...If you can find some Masterkleer it's great.....Here is a link to show you what kind I mean..http://www.dangerdenstore.com/produc...&cat=33&page=1
Danger Den :: Tubing :: Tubing and Clamps :: 7/16" ID (5/8" OD) Masterkleer General Purpose Clear PVC Tubing............Clearflex is another good brand I have never used any myself just what people have said...EDIT: Go with the 1/8 wall stuff..

·
SNERP!!!
4,183 Posts
Wait...you are running a 3/8" system?

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Snerp, the rig in my sig is gonng be 1/2", the one I'm using as practice, for my main web surfing rig, is 3/8"..

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
SNERP!!!
4,183 Posts
Quote:

Snerp, the rig in my sig is gonng be 1/2", the one I'm using as practice, for my main web surfing rig, is 3/8"..

Ok, I thought we were working on a 1/2"ID system. I'm thinking "NOOOOO DON'T BUY THAT!!!"

I would go ahead and use the 3/8"ID-9/16"OD tubing if I were you. That's a $.78/ft difference. 3/32" wall is plenty.

Those are the right clamps...how many do you get for that price? I got mine at Lowes for $.60 for a pack of 2.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts