Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to be building a comp soon and gonna WC the proc *E6600*, my question is, can you have a second radiator? I mean whats the trouble of adding another radiator with fans into the loop , youll get better temps ect.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
you'll have lower pressure and probably need a better pump...maybe even 2 pumps.

·
Premium Member
22,477 Posts
It's better to just use one 240mm or 340mm rad, less resistence that way..But if you have a good pump you can add another rad if you want to..

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
1 larger rad is better than 2 smaller ones, though if you have a good pump, such as the D5, it will be plenty powerful for 2 rads.

·
SNERP!!!
4,183 Posts
It's also cheaper to get a bigger rad then multi small rads

·
Registered
409 Posts
the more stuff u add in the loop the more resistance is in the loop, thus the lower the GPH, and the pump works harder so it reduces its life span, but putting another radiator will increase the cooling ability of the setup, so if the temp of the water is already close to ambiant then it isnt going to do much in the way of temps but if the water is close to 40C... then its time to get a bigger/another radiator, your choice, but bigger is better and usually it fits better that way too

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by u.c.i.n.e.x.
View Post

Im not talking about 2 small rads, Im talking about 2 of these puppies.

http://www.dangerdenstore.com/produc...2&cat=5&page=1

and, what kind of pump would I need with some serious power to push the water through both of them with good pressure, and I dont want 2 pumps, thats ridiculous.

nope just get one and you will be more then good. Also I would get the D5 it would be a good combination/

·
Premium Member
22,477 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Im not talking about 2 small rads, Im talking about 2 of these puppies.

http://www.dangerdenstore.com/produc...2&cat=5&page=1

and, what kind of pump would I need with some serious power to push the water through both of them with good pressure, and I dont want 2 pumps, thats ridiculous.

That would be over-kill just for a cpu and a couple gpu's, just get one triple BX, it would be more then enough....The DD D-5 pump is fine....EDIT: Hey Snerp bust out the quad heater-core link I lost it....

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Originally Posted by ira-k
View Post

That would be over-kill just for a cpu and a couple gpu's, just get one triple BX, it would be more then enough....The DD D-5 pump is fine....

what do you mean overkill, the goal is to get awesome water temps, thats not overkill, water freezes at 0c. the lower the temp, the more stable the cpu will be at high speeds, and Im going to be folding 24/7 on both cores

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
Quote:

View Post

what do you mean overkill, the goal is to get awesome water temps, thats not overkill, water freezes at 0c. the lower the temp, the more stable the cpu will be at high speeds, and Im going to be folding 24/7 on both cores

yea but your water temps will only be as low as your rooms ambient temps. So yea.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:

Originally Posted by atomicfission92
View Post

yea but your water temps will only be as low as your rooms ambient temps. So yea.

real...never though of that, so the water will on cool to the temp of my room, makes sense....you can work around it though...Ive got some nice ideas, whats the GPH rating of the DD D5 pump?

·
Premium Member
22,477 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Your system only produces so much heat measured in Watts....The rad's dissapate many multiples of the system wattage...After a certain point of heat dissapation it is just over-kill....You will not see any noticable difference from more radiator after that point....

·
SNERP!!!
4,183 Posts
  • Rep+
Reactions: u.c.i.n.e.x.

·
SNERP!!!
4,183 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Ill settle for that . ) good find, thanks.

I must say it is over kill though.

·
Premium Member
5,573 Posts
Quote:

View Post

real...never though of that, so the water will on cool to the temp of my room, makes sense....you can work around it though...Ive got some nice ideas, whats the GPH rating of the DD D5 pump?

If you want to get freaky...add this to your system:

http://www.swiftnets.com/products/mcw5002-775T.asp

Beware the condensation....oh and the cost...oh and the power requirements.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
How can it be overkill when the cpu will be in its cycle and that radiator will come alive with heat disappation? I dont understand you guys....

1 - 20 of 37 Posts