Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been using a microsoft explorer mini mouse for years. Love that it's quiet, the scroll wheel is notchless (and quiet), and it's wireless.

But they don't make them anymore
frown.gif
So looking for a replacement.

Requirements are simple:
1. Quiet- no clicky RMB, LMB or 3rd button click
2. Notchless or smooth scroll wheel
3. Wireless

If it looks cool, great. Was looking at the Logitech G900, but it's $150 and doesn't look very comfortable (any comments there?). The other is the older Logitech G700s. Definite candidate, but it seems these two are all I can find.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
G900 is not quiet... G602 is not quiet... G700 is not quiet. I say that as someone that owns all three and more...

But what is quiet? Such a suggestive word.

Why not just visit a local store that might have some on display? I mean unless you leave in the middle of nowhere at least here in the US even local Wal-Marts have a gaming section now this days. Clearly that is assuming you live in the US... if not then I don't know...

·
Facepalm
8,627 Posts
There's no such thing as a QUIET mouse.
All mouse buttons click. The only way to avoid that are to use sanwa type button (OBSF-30?) microswitches like those used on arcade fightsticks and none exist that are small enough for mice to be able to solder in. and even if you could star trek miniaturize such a button, you would be getting accidental mouse presses all day by not having any resistance whatsoever.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicros View Post

If it looks cool, great. Was looking at the Logitech G900, but it's $150 and doesn't look very comfortable (any comments there?).

Thanks!
A whole thread exists on the G900 with plenty of talks on the shape, size & comfort of the mouse, check it out, it will answer questions for you. G900 is expensive but it is my recommendation. However to answer your questions, it is quiet(outside of clicks obviously, the glide is great & no cord, just up your alley.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1595865/review-of-logitech-g900-chaos-spectrum-wireless-gaming-mouse-by-ino

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the great suggestions. G900 looks cool, will have to check it out.

I do realize that a mouse can't be 'quiet', but there are certainly quieter ones than others. E.g. in the spectrum of sound from 'quiet' to 'CLICK' I prefer the quiet end. But I agree that a visit to the local store (I am in the US) is probably the best thing to do....

·
lololol
4,371 Posts
fyi g900 wheel is quite loud and notchy (in normal scroll mode. in hyperscroll well there are no notches...)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts