Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 294 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello guys, I just want to share that happy surprise that i got with my new chip. I heard from a good friend that the recent made Ryzen were better for overclocking than the ones from last year, and i admit i was not so sure about that. But i decided to buy one (my wife gave me in this case) to see if that was true... and dammm i just got a chip that can handle 4.6 with 1.32v using an AIO 360 (Arctic Liquid Freezer 360) . I could even reach 4.7 (https://valid.x86.fr/b8mgd8) with higher voltage, but it wasn't 100% stable so i decided to stay at 4.6 1.32v https://valid.x86.fr/dlydvi. I let two youtube videos made by me, one is on gaming, the next one is showing the whole system in real time (portuguese coments).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
20,111 Posts
That's prolly an XT.

·
AMD fan
1,839 Posts
Yup, makes even more sense now that AMD is going to release a matisse refresh. The node has matured. My 3600 was a dud. Needs 1.46 to reach 4.15ghz. There's also the possibility that these high clocking chips were always available but AMD prioritized them for epyc/threadripper and high-end ryzen skus.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Imagine a TR doing 4.5 at 1.30-1.32V. Such a shame that almost nobody buys TR for OC fun the way folks buy X299...would love to see if the TR's are any different.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Yeah I think this is the reason for the 3750/3850x refresh, the newer chips are so much better they can run with higher stock limits.

·
Premium Member
20,111 Posts
Disable SMT and shoot for 5GHz.

·
Premium Member
20,111 Posts
Disabling smt was only good for an extra 100mhz for me, plus ram latency was worse for some reason?
Would be nice to see the R5 at 4.7GHz all core in BFV. Although, 6 cores no smt/ht can be maxed out in that game, still be neat to see. It should run cooler.

My latency went from 61 to 62ns disabling smt on my R7.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Well this is very exciting.

I bought a 3900X back when they first dropped down to around $400. Perhaps that was AMD trying to clear out stock? In anticipation of an XT version with more mature silicon?

I hoped AMD was going to release a version of the 3900X and 3950X with two "good" CCDs, but if the "good" CCD can also hit 4.6GHz on all its cores then that's even more than I'd hoped for. How fun would that be?

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
See if you can break 540 in CB 20 single core. I finally did last night.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
20,111 Posts

·
Registered
2,208 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,111 Posts

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
If it is on a motherboard like yours, it should be easy (easier).
If he can hit 4.6GHz on all cores with the board he has -- I don't know why you think it would be the limiting factor to getting a slightly higher CB 20 single-core score.

·
Premium Member
20,111 Posts
If he can hit 4.6GHz on all cores with the board he has -- I don't know why you think it would be the limiting factor to getting a slightly higher CB 20 single-core score.
Obviously the chip still has to give. The motherboard is limiting it. Like i said, if op has a Hero, 4.7GHz would be easy for C20. Can you run 4.7GHz?

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Obviously the chip still has to give. The motherboard is limiting it. Like i said, if op has a Hero, 4.7GHz would be easy for C20. Can you run 4.7GHz?
I don't see OP mentioning that his motherboard was the limiting factor. I don't understand why you're saying that.

And I don't have a CPU that can do 4.6GHz all-core on a CCD like OP does. When my CPU hits 4.7GHz it isn't under a CB 20 load. It's when opening up Chrome or something like that. The fastest I observed running CB 20 single-core bench was maybe 4.65GHz with an ambient room temp around 19*C ~ 20*C.

·
Registered
590 Posts
That's the second 3600 4.6ghz all core I've seen around. what about prime?

Sent from Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 294 Posts