Overclock.net banner

221 - 240 of 294 Posts

·
Edgy & on the edge
1,863 Posts
Is it the newer batch? I only see 2019 in a few places.
2019PGT

20 - year
19 - week (3rd week of May)
P - Assembled in Penang, Malaysia
G - Last letter of the factory location (PenanG)
T - Wafer made in Texas

Plus it has a different S/N. They usually start with 9HT but this one is 9HZ. idk if that's relevant though.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Ak ok, what do you get in aida64/realbench with 1.25v? 1900mhz fclk is more important than 50mhz clock speed anyway.

·
Edgy & on the edge
1,863 Posts
Ak ok, what do you get in aida64/realbench with 1.25v? 1900mhz fclk is more important than 50mhz clock speed anyway.
Not even 4.4 but might be due to temperature. Need to adjust my fan curve a bit and retest.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Almost identical characteristics to my CPU.

Going from 1.337v to 1.325v (Prime95 load SBV12 TFN) results in a temp drop of about 2-3C.

On another note, have you tried playing around with VDDG CCD voltage? As this is the voltage that feeds the infinity fabric between the CCXs (if ive understood this correctly looking at the die diagrams).

Im playing around with this in troubleshooting the CCXs that are failing prime95 after extended load (always core/thread - 11/12).
I didn't touch the VDDG CCD voltage yet, will give it a go today and prime again, thanks!

·
Edgy & on the edge
1,863 Posts
It's amazing that it almost catches up to a stock 3700X.

EDIT: 4400 1.28V = Not bad. It's a mediocre new chip.

Attachments

·
Registered
943 Posts
It's amazing that it almost catches up to a stock 3700X.

EDIT: 4400 1.28V = Not bad. It's a mediocre new chip.
Unlucky,

still unsure as to what is mediocre as expectations are high based on some peeps results whose 'stable' may not actually be stable for the things people like myself test.

Your chip seems to be acting like the one @legcramp has and my own.

Can you do prime95 with 1.325v / 1.337v prime load voltage, just a short run, say one hour ?

·
Registered
943 Posts
I didn't touch the VDDG CCD voltage yet, will give it a go today and prime again, thanks!
I didnt have any positive results playing with CCD, I am now playing with IOD.

Will report back later ...

·
Edgy & on the edge
1,863 Posts
Unlucky,

still unsure as to what is mediocre as expectations are high based on some peeps results whose 'stable' may not actually be stable for the things people like myself test.

Your chip seems to be acting like the one @legcramp has and my own.

Can you do prime95 with 1.325v / 1.337v prime load voltage, just a short run, say one hour ?

Yeah, I'll do it after I play with it some more.

·
Edgy & on the edge
1,863 Posts
4625 max I could get to boot and be stable long enough for a screenshot.

Tried some undervolting: 4200 locked - 1.175V

Attachments

·
Registered
943 Posts
Holy moly batman

:p

For *hits and giggles I am playing with the following

BIOS defaults

PBO to maximum which is "Enhanced Level 4"

BCLK to 106.25, yup that's correct, this 3600 is OK with it so far

:D

3200/1600

My nvidia GRX card does not like it but plays nice if I set PCIe to Gen2

;)

Look at screen shot, obviously nothing is tweaked just playing around

:)

** EDIT **
up to 106.725 BCLK

No audio crackling so far,

Im going to leave this running RealBench for a few hours,

Tightened the timings, see 2nd screen shot

Attachments

·
Edgy & on the edge
1,863 Posts
Holy moly batman

For *hits and giggles I am playing with the following

BIOS defaults

PBO to maximum which is "Enhanced Level 4"

BCLK to 106.25, yup that's correct, this 3600 is OK with it so far

3200/1600

My nvidia GRX card does not like it but plays nice if I set PCIe to Gen2

;)

Look at screen shot, obviously nothing is tweaked just playing around

** EDIT **
up to 106.725 BCLK

No audio crackling so far,

Im going to leave this running RealBench for a few hours,

Tightened the timings, see 2nd screen shot
Amazing but I wonder how this will affect your SSDs.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Amazing but I wonder how this will affect your SSDs.
Im currently testing it on a SATA SSD (Samsung 840 Pro), so have not tried to boot off the OS that is on the nvme drive.

Realbench is almost up to 3 hours and no signs of instability.

I have increased CPU 1P8 (PLL) voltage to 1.88v (default is 1.82v) as the techpowerup Ryzen guide says this can help high BCLKs.

Tomorrow will know more.

I will first do a chkdsk on the ssd to see if any corruption has occured, though I would have expected it to have crashed a while ago, but its been perfectly stable since testing.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
@mongoled When all your cores are loaded, what is your vcore? Seeing 1.45v is making me nervous since everyone says "1.325 max for Ryzen 2!" :)

P.S. You might wanna bumb up CPU SOC voltage from 1.1v to 1.15v. I have to test more but that helped me with getting system stable at 108 bclk.

·
Registered
943 Posts
@mongoled When all your cores are loaded, what is your vcore? Seeing 1.45v is making me nervous since everyone says "1.325 max for Ryzen 2!" :)

P.S. You might wanna bumb up CPU SOC voltage from 1.1v to 1.15v. I have to test more but that helped me with getting system stable at 108 bclk.
Its using PBO, so the vcore drops to 1.35v when loaded with something like realbench.

Are you using a nvme drive? Any signs of corruption ?

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Its using PBO, so the vcore drops to 1.35v when loaded with something like realbench.

Are you using a nvme drive? Any signs of corruption ?

That is more in line what I expected. I'm using an sata SSD that I know is capable of handling 110 bclk OC on an ivy bridge setup. Everything is running fine so far. I don't want to kill my only 1TB NVME testing on a cheap board.

·
Registered
68 Posts
It was my understanding that the BCLK only affected the SATA side, not the M.2 NVMe. Maybe I'm wrong...And when I did have both SATA and m.2 NVMe, it actually did make my sata bench better when I raised BCLK, but not the M.2.

·
Registered
943 Posts
That is more in line what I expected. I'm using an sata SSD that I know is capable of handling 110 bclk OC on an ivy bridge setup. Everything is running fine so far. I don't want to kill my only 1TB NVME testing on a cheap board.
Well nvme drive booted fine @ 106.725 MHz

Didn't stay in the OS long, ran a quick CrystalDisk benchmark scores were on par with what I expected.

Im still playing with BCLK and finding the max, 106.925 mhz posts, 107.000 mhz, no post (51 error).

Currently testing 106.850 mhz on the SSD, everything looks to be working normally so far.

Im not wanting to push vSoc higher than 1.1v, ive actually dialled it back down to settings I know are stable (1.072v) at 3800/1900 mhz with regular BCLK of 100.00 mhz

I think my nvme 16Gb optane drive was killed from 102.8mhz bclk.
You seem unsure, I would have thought that high frequency would cause stability rather than kill the components ….

It was my understanding that the BCLK only affected the SATA side, not the M.2 NVMe. Maybe I'm wrong...And when I did have both SATA and m.2 NVMe, it actually did make my sata bench better when I raised BCLK, but not the M.2.
That sound good, will be testing soon

Oh and I could not just input say 104.000 and expect to boot!

I had to go 101 save reboot, 102 save reboot etc etc

·
Registered
943 Posts
OK am working off the nvme

Mixed EDC bug into my tweaking.

Boost speeds over 4600 mhz

Will start working through stability tests ....

** EDIT **
Going well so far!

TM5 ran with an all core frequency over 4500 mhz! (2nd screen shot).

All running off the nvme drive, so far no crashes or any anomolies what so ever.

Currently have c-states disabled and CnQ disabled...

Attachments

• Rep+
Reactions: rares495
221 - 240 of 294 Posts