Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The whole screen flicker's off sometimes when the core speed changes from say idling at 300MHz and jumping up to 500MHz and back down.

IDK precisely when it does it when the speed changes, IDK what/where to safely check this with my oscilloscopes, I should look into that at a more sober time.

The whole LCD-LED screen seems to flicks off, and looks a lot like turning off a CRT screen actually for some reason, at least it looks like the screen shuts off from the outer edges inwards. Thats what it looks like to the eye, it could be flashing faster than my eyes can realize.

I don't have a camera to record it, and it's pretty intermittent, so I'd have to hookup the oscilloscope and just wait for ages really...not in the mood to start soldering random test leads onto my main GPU!!!

With a windowed 1080p game running in the backgrd (on a 1440p LCD) its flickering a lot more often, 5-6 times in 10min. Looking at afterburner.......I'm pretty sure it's when the core clock speed changes.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
What I get with my 280X is that the screen sort of flips vertically for an instant, it happens while browsing but never while gaming, although I haven't tried in windowed mode. It's a known issue with non-reference cards.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
yeah while full screen gaming I never have this (i think)

I have my backup computer working, very soon I'll try the GPU in it. Hopefully it's not actually a hardware problem

My backup GPU is like a GT 730 or something, and I think it's a China clone of something even older like a 550 or ??? IDK nvidia from back then

I'm so sick of having to re-install windows, and not saving all my games.......there's games I should never start again

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
What 280x do you have? Non-reference?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts