Votes: 14 77.8%
  • R9 290X

Votes: 4 22.2%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on my first build ever, but my final decision is which one of these GPUs to get. Which ever one I get will be Water Cooled and I will be gaming at 1440p.

Other Specs:
FX-8350
16GB Ram
1000W PSU

·
Premium Member
17,348 Posts
780ti classified is better imo, especially when overclocked, and they have insane overclocking headroom sooooo yeah.

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
I have to agree that the 780 ti would be the better option. For starters, the 290 series is way over priced right now. Secondly, I think Nvidia makes better high-end cards.

780 ti gets my vote!

·
Premium Member
17,348 Posts
if it was reference vs reference cards it would be a more even battle, but once you throw the classified in there, game over.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRUSH View Post

I have to agree that the 780 ti would be the better option. For starters, the 290 series is way over priced right now. Secondly, I think Nvidia makes better high-end cards.

780 ti gets my vote!
For price it depends on the country of origin...290x is still at it's mrsp in the UK
thumb.gif
Overall I would say 780Ti as it has the tinniest of edges in performance and if you are not considering mantle or mining.

If the 290x happens to be at the right price and available get it as it will be cheaper than the 780Ti and mantle will be helpful.

Edit: Didn't see it was a classified you was looking at that will be quite a bit faster once overclocked

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
i got 3x r9 290 and even I would go for 780Ti classified.
R9 290 is too expensive atm due to miners.

If you can get the r9 290 for around $399-450 get 2 of them it be way faster than 1 780Ti

I have seen some insane clock speeds from classi users.
biggrin.gif

·
PC Evangelist
47,498 Posts
What games are you going to play and where are you located. These are big questions we need to know.

·
Premium Member
20,311 Posts
another vote for the Ti. if you can afford it, then go for that. the 3GB should more than enough for that rez.

edit: you gonna have to oc your cpu to at least 4.5GHz with any of those gpus. I do play BF4 with my 290 and my i7 at stock and ht off using mantle. something I can't do with D3D.

one 1440 - Ti. if 3 of those monitors - 290 X 2. maybe 3 but that cpu might not hold water at that point.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts