TFC Xchanger - Double Radiator 240

And is the Swiftech MCRES-Micro v1

or

Alphacool Cape Coolplex Pro 50 Reservoir

·
Premium Member
19,923 Posts
Hi.

For reservoirs, of the 2 you posted I would go with the Swiftech as it is a fraction of the cost, it is smaller and the mounting is quite versatile.

If you like the tube-type reservoirs, then perhaps the EK-150?

For the Radiator, I would be inclined to go with the Feser model, but I do not have numbers on thermal dissipation to make a qualified call.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Syrillian
View Post

Hi.

For reservoirs, of the 2 you posted I would go with the Swiftech as it is a fraction of the cost, it is smaller and the mounting is quite versatile.

If you like the tube-type reservoirs, then perhaps the EK-150?

For the Radiator, I would be inclined to go with the Feser model, but I do not have numbers on thermal dissipation to make a qualified call.

Does the swiftech res come with mounting hardware?

·
Premium Member
19,923 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by UnAimed
View Post

Does the swiftech res come with mounting hardware?

If you buy new, then yes. It comes with a bracket and all the mounting hardware.

If you buy used, you will need to ask the seller specifically what is included in the sale.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Syrillian
View Post

If you buy new, then yes. It comes with a bracket and all the mounting hardware.

If you buy used, you will need to ask the seller specifically what is included in the sale.

I am buying it new and what will be the best tube size? Does the pump and rad come with fittings and if not what fitting size should i take?

·
Premium Member
7,706 Posts
Get 1/2" fittings and 7/16" ID tubing.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am purchasing all my w c parts from www.overclockers.co.uk but all the good pumps such as the mcp 655 pump are out of stock and that is the only one to my knowlegde that I know is good. Can someone show me the best one the offer in stock there?

·
Premium Member
7,706 Posts
The only pump they have in stock is the XSPC 200 Bay Reservoir & Pump.

I would look somewhere else or wait.

Edit: Yes, FrozenCPU is a reliable vendor.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think I will go for red tubing uv reactive from feser. But should the size then be 7/16 as my fittings will be 1/2

·
Registered
444 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by slickwilly View Post
I have done business with them (FrozenCPU) before and have no complaints
Yeah, I've also done business with FrozenCPU before, and I've never had any problems. I stick pretty much with a few online venders when ordering computer components. NewEgg for general stuff and Petras Tech Shop for anything remotely pertaining to computer water cooling.

This is only my opinion and I realise there may be other excellent online vendors. I've only ordered from US dealers (because I live in the US) which may be a limitation

I wish I could help you on the rad question, but I'm sure there is some WC'ing guru that can

DCing for the CURE

1 - 12 of 12 Posts