Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Take not that this is my first time wc so bare with me.
Thx
i have the XSPC RS360 and i was wondering what size screws should i use.
The case iam using is the corsair 800d and iam mounting on the top of the case.
Also does anybody know what size of screws i will need to mount the fans and to the case? The fan screws should be longer too right??

Should the fans be on the top of my case/rad or should it be facing the bottom of my rad. Does it matter if i make it exhaust or intake and if it does what should I make it??

Thx
+rep

·
Registered
422 Posts
Why not just try it out? You have the case and rad and the screws - if they don't work, take the rad to home depot and find some that do.

The normal screws that come with the fans should work mounting them to the bottom. Just get some short ones to mount to the top of the case.

·
Registered
631 Posts
It depends. Here's a good article to read about push/pull configurations.

Basically, if you are using low-med speed fans (800-1500 rpm) then it is better to pull (fans ontop pulling the air); If you use high speed fans (above 1500rpm) then it is better to push (fans below the rad)

As for the screws, make sure they do not puncture the rad, and yes, use the metric M4 ones. If it is really a big deal, you can use the imperial ones and just re-thread the rad, which is what I did with my rad, but that's not recommended, of course.

Hope this helps.

• Rep+
Reactions: Pching

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

It depends. Here's a good article to read about push/pull configurations.

Basically, if you are using low-med speed fans (800-1500 rpm) then it is better to pull (fans ontop pulling the air); If you use high speed fans (above 1500rpm) then it is better to push (fans below the rad)

As for the screws, make sure they do not puncture the rad, and yes, use the metric M4 ones. If it is really a big deal, you can use the imperial ones and just re-thread the rad, which is what I did with my rad, but that's not recommended, of course.

Hope this helps.

Thx alot +rep

1 - 6 of 6 Posts