Overclock.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I recently upgraded from a 9800gt to a Radeon 6870, and it's awesome. I kind of want to enable Physx on Borderlands 2 though. Unfortunately I gave my 9800gt to a friend so he could play some diablo 3 with us. At any rate I have a 9600GSO laying around. The question is, would this be worth it to enable physx in some games? Or is it too underpowered for that? I have read how to do it and everything but I am just curious if this is too old of a card to handle it, but then again borderlands 2 isn't pushing the envelope too crazy when it comes to graphics. Thanks for the help guys!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by selluminis View Post

A 9600 would be worthless. Not sure that you can use Physx with a radeon card unless there is some hack out there to do it. ANything less then a GTX 460 would not do much.
yeah there is a way to use a Nvidia card just for physx, and the radeon for rendering. I just don't know how demanding just physx is for a GPU. I don't want to sell my card and get a Nvidia just for physx though that's kind of silly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.