Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious which of these would perform better? I have been running a BFG 5500 OC and am not too happy with it. I really like to play Halo, but get incredibly poor performance. If I put this 9600SE would there be any advantage to it? My BFG doesn't really overclock so I was wondering would it make a difference to overclock the 9600SE higher? I noticed that my BFG was 128 bit and the 9600SE was only 64 bit. Am I comparing apples and apples or apples and oranges?

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
well the 5500 I hear is better than a 9600se, but since I own this card, I can tell you YOU DON'T WANT IT...get a 9600/pro/xt or something but not the se, its a pos, it'll do you better than the 5200 or 5500 I think...

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Yeah 64bit just kills performance.

• Rep+
Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Apperntly the 9600SE comes standard with a 64 bit interface, but the one that I have here is made by visiontek and apperntly they made it with a 128 bit interface. I think I will keep it and take it for a spin. I'm not a serious gamer though as I stated before I am a Halo nut. All around this is a better card then the one I have. I don't mind staying behind the technology because the games are cheaper and being a college student this is key. Thanks for the info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts