Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Sapphire 9800 PRO 128 MB 256-bit w/ R360 core and Hynix memory. I've added a VGA Silencer GPU HSF and Copper Ramsinks.

I'm using ATI Tool v.0.0.22 and ran Max Core and Max Memory for an hour separately and can only get to 396 Core and 356 Memory.

What am I doing wrong? I've read about folks OC'ing higher than that with STOCK cooling... I've got upgraded cooling and STILL can only get to 396/356...

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Been lurking here for a while, but decided to throw in the towel and get some help from all you great folks!

The default speeds are 378 Core and 338 Mem. I'm hoping/expecting to get to XT speeds of 412/365... but am now concerned...

·
Premium Member
4,000 Posts
Before putting on the Vga silencer, did you put Thermal Compound on your GPU and ram?

A little As5 wouldnt hurt

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got AS5 on the GPU before I put the VGA silencer on... and the OCZ BGA Ramsinks had thermal tape that is pretty good so I didn't need any AS5 on those...

BTW... I'm running Catalyst 4.1 drivers... could I possibly see any difference trying different drivers? If so, which ones?

·
Premium Member
4,000 Posts
or go with the catalyst 4.9ers and get ATi Tool, the newest Omegas are modded beta 4.(10)'s, i couldnt run 3dmark05 with em.

·
Registered
343 Posts
you DO know that stock ATi drivers have WEIRD anti-overclocking stuff built in to them....right? anyways id suggest using the omega drivers http://www.omegadrivers.net/ they have radlinker and MANY other utilities built in, including the newest ATi feature "AI" which is supposed to own...i can get 1300+ fps in counterstrike with everything set really low lol

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by razor386

you DO know that stock ATi drivers have WEIRD anti-overclocking stuff built in to them....right? anyways id suggest using the omega drivers http://www.omegadrivers.net/ they have radlinker and MANY other utilities built in, including the newest ATi feature "AI" which is supposed to own...i can get 1300+ fps in counterstrike with everything set really low lol

Actually, no I did not know that the ATI drivers had anti-overclocking stuff in them... I thought the ATI tool would get through that... are there any risks associated with the Omega drivers?

Could my case just be overall too hot and that would cause me to not OC very high? Or could another system component cause this as well?

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by blob

or go with the catalyst 4.9ers and get ATi Tool, the newest Omegas are modded beta 4.(10)'s, i couldnt run 3dmark05 with em.

I agree with blob.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah... that was news to me too, since with ATI drivers I could OC to a certain extent...

One other question... is it possible that I put TOO much AS5 on? I was rather liberal with it...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts