Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently gotten back into overclocking and have had a hell of a time trying to get ANY OC going on my 4850 using ATI's overdrive software.

Even OCing as much as 5Mhz on the GPU or the Memory clock creates a hardlock and I have to reboot the machine.

Generally I'd think the voltage would need to be increased but don't really see an option that will allow me to do that.

Anyone know what could be causing this?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Odd,

maybe try to find a possible bios update put out by your manufacturer? or check techpowerup bios section and find an updated bios for your card???

I bios volt modded my card, and can now push 800/1150 clocks (**mind you VPU recover in MW2, so lowered to 765/1150 fixed that)

read up on how to do it here, it might just be what you need (plus with your temps you list it should be safe)

-Download GPUz, save the bios to a folder
-Download RBE (radeon bios editor) and open the bios
-under the Clock tab, click the voltage drop down box for the last few clocks, and select the highest available, for me it was 1.158.

then flash, sorry I cannot for the life of me find the correct guide I used, when I find it I will repost, but it basically allowed be to go up from artifacting at 690core to not showing artifacts at 800mhz (but does crash BFBC2, more testing will be done)

That is what the guide told me to change my voltages to....still searching for full guide/how-to!

**I lied, stable is 745/1100

·
Registered
16 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by vip3r87 View Post
Odd,
...I bios volt modded my card, and can now push 800/1150 clocks (**mind you VPU recover in MW2, so lowered to 765/1150 fixed that)....
Interesting man, can you explain why you choose these voltages ? What about the Clock info 10 - 19 ? I'm planning to mod my BIOS....if you willing to help/advice me choosing good values, look into my thread : "XFX 4870 Issues [HELP PLZ]"

@Cronic

Hope you're OK...lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts