Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About to start a new build with a Phanteks Enthoo luxe case. Q uite a bit larger than my current Fractal Design S case so I assume there will be no issue installing my predator 360 radiator at the top.

However, in checking my rad dimensions I see it is on the thick side at 68mm, and most builds I've read suggest a maximum 60mm thick rad on top.

Checking the actual Phanteks specs I see 69.85mm clearance to mobo.

https://benchmarkreviews.com/19262/phanteks-enthoo-luxe-full-tower-case-review/6/

So my question
Is less than a couple mm enough clearance?
If there is any heat from the rad then I assume that means no and I will need to invest in a thinner rad.

Any wc experts care to chime in?

Thanks!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbach View Post

About to start a new build with a Phanteks Enthoo luxe case. Q uite a bit larger than my current Fractal Design S case so I assume there will be no issue installing my predator 360 radiator at the top.

However, in checking my rad dimensions I see it is on the thick side at 68mm, and most builds I've read suggest a maximum 60mm thick rad on top.

Checking the actual Phanteks specs I see 69.85mm clearance to mobo.

https://benchmarkreviews.com/19262/phanteks-enthoo-luxe-full-tower-case-review/6/

So my question
Is less than a couple mm enough clearance?
If there is any heat from the rad then I assume that means no and I will need to invest in a thinner rad.

Any wc experts care to chime in?

Thanks!
The Predator's radiator is about 42/43mm. Radiator with stock Vardar is 68mm. It's close but you should be okay. The Enthoo's radiator top mount seems centered so it might not interfere with the EPS cable. Plus you have wiggle room towards the front or back because the Enthoo has adjustable rails on the top radiator mount.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Rads don't get that hot, you can touch them with your bare hands and at most they will be warm.

I will add a small piece of electrical tape or similar where the radiator is close to touch any electronics however, just to be sure that there are no possibilities of a short circuit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts