Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey OCN, quick simple question.. Doing a search about it beforehand resulted in different questions, and not my specific one.

Alas, would the performance of a radiator be affected if the barbs of the radiator were facing straight down (at the floor)? And I don't mean vertically mounted with the barbs on the bottom. Rather horizontally mounted but barbs facing the floor. Would gravity play a role in hampering the performance?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by charliehorse55 View Post
Gravity won't affect your performance. It might hard to bleed all of the air out of it in that orientation though, so you may want to bleed your loop and then install the radiator.
Explain a little further please, it's my first loop.. How would I go about bleeding my loop with no radiator?

·
Unwilling Beta tester
7,188 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by iCareMuch View Post
Explain a little further please, it's my first loop.. How would I go about bleeding my loop with no radiator?
You don't. You bleed the loop with the radiator not mounted in the case, then mount it after. This way you can move the rad around to get the bigger bubbles out, then leave it with the barbs up for a bit so the smaller bubbles have a chance to get out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts