Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Blue and Green Team!
10,736 Posts
That was with my Onboard Nvidia RAID controller, and as Intels RAID chip is considerably better, if you get 3 drives then yes it will either be as fast or even faster.

Cheers

I have two WD 500GB AAKS drives before and I can see a big difference when using 3 drives over 2. This shows up more when dealing with large files.

• Rep+
Reactions: hoth17

·
Registered
4,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is the AAKS the blue version?

do you think you noticed the difference because you went to the black edition or because you added the third hdd?

and have you had any issues? should i run 3 in a raid 5 just to be safe?

·
Blue and Green Team!
10,736 Posts
I know that the blacks are faster than the Blues but the big increase was from adding the third drive.

And no, just stick em in RAID 0 and back up your important files somewhere else.

I have NEVER had a RAID 0 fail on me, its not as risky as everyone makes out.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Rocker View Post
I know that the blacks are faster than the Blues but the big increase was from adding the third drive.

And no, just stick em in RAID 0 and back up your important files somewhere else.

I have NEVER had a RAID 0 fail on me, its not as risky as everyone makes out.
I heard of people who had Seagate's in Raid 0. A lot of bad rep might have come from that.
I'm thinking of something similar: UD3P with 2x 640 AAKS. Looking forward to results!

·
Registered
4,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the info, i will be getting 3 of them then.

i will be ordering within the next few days. I will have benchmarks within the week.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts