Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
umm i have to say my friend, that Raid 0 with the VelcioRaptors is awesome, not one problem here. rock solid

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
A velociraptor would way faster than a RAID0 with those drives but, if you need storage, then get the 1TB hard drive.

If you get the Raptor, I suggest you to install the OS in that drive

·
Premium Member
5,772 Posts
Im confused if you raid 0 get 2 x WD Caviar Black 640 GB or 2 x WD Velociraptor.

EDIT im dumb. If you want space and speed save for some caviar blacks. If not id get a velociraptor

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Personally I love my velociraptor raid setup. Here is with my onboard raid controller which does pretty good, but a dedicated card would blow it out the water. I would buy 1 raptor and save up for another for raid, but if you need the space and dont mind slower performance then get the 1TB

·
Chackie Jan
3,226 Posts
I'm pretty sure if he's asking to get another 1TB seagate so he can RAID with his other OR get 1 velociraptor.

·
Premium Member
17,407 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by K10
View Post

I'm pretty sure if he's asking to get another 1TB seagate so he can RAID with his other OR get 1 velociraptor.

Exactly!

OP, this is a tough choice. If I was buying now, I would go with a Velociraptor and save up for another one in a few months to maybe RAID. But having the single fastes drive is always nice. I am currently running 3 150Gb Raptors in RAID 0, and wish I had just gotten the Velociraptor instead.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the suggestions. I will probably go with the VelociRaptor and RAID when i can afford to go out and buy another one. Hopefully i can time this right and go to that setup when i have to reinstall windows 7 lol

·
Chackie Jan
3,226 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by JNielson
View Post

Thanks for the suggestions. I will probably go with the VelociRaptor and RAID when i can afford to go out and buy another one. Hopefully i can time this right and go to that setup when i have to reinstall windows 7 lol

Good choice

1 - 10 of 10 Posts