Overclock.net banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These numbers look ok for this array? I've been experience strange instability I cant put a finger on....system reboots when it wants, usually after saving OC settings in bios. My OC is 24hr prime stable.. Could my 623-3 bios be conflicting with the RAID drivers?

·
Registered
901 Posts
Sounds like you having the same problem I was. I had to remove video card drivers and reinstall. Now it seems all well and fater too.Mine would just reboot at randam

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is having a strange problem, it started once I installed this RAID. My system has been stable with the overclock before the RAID.
Now when I reboot my computer, it gets past the post screen and sometimes just reboots before getting to the windows XP screen. But then will start up normal.
Also, sometimes when it does this it says "detecting array" and just hangs. I have to reboot, then all is good. This just started recently and is seriously getting on my nerves..
When my computer is booted with the OC, it's prime stable. So it's not the cpu/memory/HTT.

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
1. Did you do a DLG diag on the HDs?
2. Did you add a second HD, and if so do you have the power to run all your stuff? <<< probably fine with that PS but had to ask

3. DFid you run the SATA/RAID drivers twicew and not just once after the "F6" ... for the "S" load drivers request? Must run twice... why, don't know... just that you do!

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well, I see that the DFI boards have a problem with RAID optimization. Most people I have seen cant get over 230 burst. I still cant figure out why this thing reboots after everytime I load any bios settings.

As far as the RAID drivers, they were loaded (both).
I'm getting to think it's the chipset's...ive tried 6.70, and 6.66. The thing that annoys me I still haven't got a straight answer on whether to load the IDE/Storage drivers. I'm also thinking it might be my bios 623-3. I'm gonna try another one.

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tytlyf

well, I see that the DFI boards have a problem with RAID optimization. Most people I have seen cant get over 230 burst. I still cant figure out why this thing reboots after everytime I load any bios settings.

As far as the RAID drivers, they were loaded (both).
I'm getting to think it's the chipset's...ive tried 6.70, and 6.66. The thing that annoys me I still haven't got a straight answer on whether to load the IDE/Storage drivers. I'm also thinking it might be my bios 623-3. I'm gonna try another one.

Hehe...Owned. By me.

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
I have a similar setup, and have no problems with raid
I used the raid drivers in ncsa's faq though.
I use the same bios as you.

·
Premium Member
5,332 Posts
Sounds like a stability problem, SATA drives are easy to get unstable with high overclock, what is your volts acrossed the board????.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
my volts are the same with the overclock as I had it before adding the other HD. 1.6v/2.6v/1.4ldt/1.6chip. The weird thing is when I can boot it, which isn't hard....it's 100% prime stable, which leads me to beleive it's a driver related problem with RAID or something. My cpu/pwm temperatures seem a little higher after adding this second HD, normal ?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.