Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been using it for a few days now, all awesome and everything, but when i set it up i did stripe size of 128 kb, the two options were that, and 64, and it's the onboard RAID, soo, anyone want to tell me anything else i could do to speed up raid performance? sig box.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterchief3k
View Post

I've been using it for a few days now, all awesome and everything, but when i set it up i did stripe size of 128 kb, the two options were that, and 64, and it's the onboard RAID, soo, anyone want to tell me anything else i could do to speed up raid performance? sig box.

You could short-stroke and a raid controller may help a little bit, as would faster drives. Purchasing a raid controller or new drives is probably not worth the money, so short-stroking is the only free thing I can think of and I am not 100% sure how that works on raid but you may want to look into it.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
when i was setting up the raid it asked me if i wanted to change the capacity, i could have done it that way, but i like having a terabyte, and it's certainly faster than a single drive, but sometimes i can't really tell.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by godofdeath View Post
use an ssd instead?
Overrated.Raid 0 feels just as fast
*wasted $160 on an SSD*

1 - 5 of 5 Posts