Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
Are you hitting F-6 and using a floppy with raid driver/controller?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sauce73

help, trying to install raid 0 on 2 250 meg hd and windows installs files, then reboots and then i get raid stripe error.

I'm assuming you mean Gigs and not megs?

Try what busa said, you have to hit F6 right at the start when windows is loading the core operating system files (the part which says 'Hit F6 to load RAID Drivers' or something like that.) Then use the drivers from the floppy to install RAID.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kept hitting f-6 adn it just kept on going so i went to the screen to install additional drives(scsi and such) and installed from there and installed them, 4 of them. Board is dfi lanparty. I have sata's hooked upto nvidia ports

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
Quote:

kept hitting f-6 adn it just kept on going so i went to the screen to install additional drives(scsi and such) and installed from there and installed them, 4 of them. Board is dfi lanparty. I have sata's hooked upto nvidia ports

Thats what it does.....after you load the files and get to the section to partition the drive it should show up as 1 big drive. somewhere between 450 and 475 gigs, Partition it as normal and install.

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
Quote:

i went into raid setup again and it says Boot N/A Id 1 Status Error

Did you create an array and make it bootable. If not then you need to do this first, then reboot and let windows install start over. be sure to hit f6 again and install files again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts