Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I configured RAID in my bios settings and made my two hard drives Striped. I got 2 WD Caviar 500 gig hard drives. When I went to setup xp it didnt recognize the drive. I have the ASUS M4N82 motherboard. Do I need some kind of driver for xp? If so, can someone send me a link I can download?
Thanks

·
Registered
603 Posts
Windows XP does need the RAID driver in a floppy drive (1.44MB).
You can download it from the ASUS support website

http://support.asus.com/download/dow...Language=en-us

The name of the driver seems to be:
"NVIDIA AHCI/SATA Driver for Windows XP/XP MCE/XP 64bit/Vista 32bit/Vista 64bit."

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But this is my problem. MY ASUS M4N82 doenst support floppy drives!!! What do I do? can you use flash drives? (to be honest I was just told that floppy drives werent supported but non the less I only have one IDE port in my mobo and my dvd drive is IDE so im out of luck) If i got vista would it have the driver thing I need built in the disc so I could avoid the floppy drive method?

·
Registered
603 Posts
As I understand, that is a real problem with XP and RAID arrays, I understand you can't avoid using the Floopy.

Maybe somebody else in OCN has a turnaround to this problem on your MoBo

With regards to VIsta, you're right!. You can put your driver from anywhere (flash, cd, etc)

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now here comes my next problem. Me being the dumb one I can't find the "NVIDIA AHCI/SATA Driver for Windows XP/XP MCE/XP 64bit/Vista 32bit/Vista 64bit." driver you are talking about. I searched for it on google and got some AsRock thing. Is it on the ASUS site?
Sorry :[

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FOUND IT!!!! Thank you sooo much. Now all I have to do is get Vista.... ha but thank you so much for your help. And with the file do i put the whole thing in the usb drive or only certain parts of the file i downloaded.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MClouse View Post
FOUND IT!!!! Thank you sooo much. Now all I have to do is get Vista.... ha but thank you so much for your help. And with the file do i put the whole thing in the usb drive or only certain parts of the file i downloaded.
I don't know for your particular MoBo, but usually there's a tool in the downloaded file to create the "raid driver disk"

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im not sure what you mean. the file is called makedisc. i found the raid driver for vista x64

·
Premium Member
5,699 Posts
err so you installing Vista or XP?

Quote:

Originally Posted by eflyguy
View Post

.. and you can usually use a USB floppy drive to load the RAID driver during XP setup..
..a

XP's old installation won't see flash drives.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
vista wont recognize the hard drive either. I've put in my flash with the vista 64 driver in it but it doesnt really do anything
am I supposed to take a certain file out of the vista 64?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts