Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I am new to this stuff. I built my computer last night. I am having problems with the raid. I have 2 160gig hitach drives. When I boot the computer doesn't see the drive. I have a DFI 925 mobo. I thought that I had it all set in the bios but when I went to install window it gives the option of pressing F6 to install a driver for raid but it wont let me press F6.. ***
it came with the intel matrix raid driver. I know this is a stupid question but is there jumpers on the back of a SATA hd and if so do they have to be set a cirtain way? I think that that is my problem. I built the computer @ 10 pm last night after class and didnt have time to take another look at the hd's. Please help is you can.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Im pretty sure all hd's no matter what type need to have jumpers set. In your motherboard usersguide and your hs userguide should have picutres and text on how to set jumpers for each type of drive

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
I don't believe SATA drives are jumpered....because you don't install them as master/slave (only one per cable).

dbosco002, I would suspect the problem is with your wireless keyboard and mouse. Do you have a PS/2 keyboard you can use for the setup? What about getting into BIOS? Can you do that okay? If so, you want to at least go into "Integrated Peripherals" and enable the USB keyboard setting. I would really suggest just doing the install with a PS/2 keyboard, if you have one, tho.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by NoAffinity
I don't believe SATA drives are jumpered....because you don't install them as master/slave (only one per cable).

dbosco002, I would suspect the problem is with your wireless keyboard and mouse. Do you have a PS/2 keyboard you can use for the setup? What about getting into BIOS? Can you do that okay? If so, you want to at least go into "Integrated Peripherals" and enable the USB keyboard setting. I would really suggest just doing the install with a PS/2 keyboard, if you have one, tho.

I did replace the wireless one with a PS/2...it didnt help. I can get into my BIOS without a problem and also the RAID BIOS. I can even hit F1 just after boot to "continue" insted of hetting DELETE. What about the jumpers on the drives? They have to be set as cable select? or master and slave?or master and master because it is raid....Just so much I don't know..

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
They both have to be set to master. I forgot, you have to establish the array, in the RAID BIOS utility, before starting the installation.
(It's been a while since I've messed w/ RAID.)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crash
Also some keyboards have an F LOCK key on them. before you hit F6 you have to turn the F keys off.

well the drives dont have jumpers. and I got it to work!!! i am on my new computer now! I will be getting my XP-120 tomorrow and Then I will be set to go!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts