Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
AMD Overclocker
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got a new computer and moved over my two RAID0 arrays.

The first RAID0 transferred over with no problems, but I had to format the second for it to work.

So I format the drives, told the BIOS which drives are in the RAID0, and make them active and give them a letter drive in Windows. All was good for a few days when I got a BSOD memory dump and the RAID disappeared from Windows (I have the .dmp file, but not sure how to use it). The BIOS still sees it, the AMD RAID Utility sees it, but Windows won't. Weird thing is is that when I first boot up Windows, the RAID is there. Then when I click on it, it disappears and says its not available.

I've plugged both drives on the RAID0 into another port running in IDE mode. It recognizes each drive, saying its they are in RAW format, healthy, and with primary and active partitions. I have ran the full extended test using WD disk utility.

I have tried switching SATA cables and I double checked that the drives where getting power.

Any ideas as to what is going on?

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD3
HDDs: WD 1TB Caviar Blue SATA3, WDC WD10EZEX-00RKKA0
Motherboard uses Marvell SATA3 RAID Controller

·
Peace!!!
3,288 Posts
try reformatting both the drives in make a fresh setup of raid0 i got a bad feeling one of ur hdd is dieing

·
AMD Overclocker
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you think its dying, that just confirms my suspicions. I've already formatted them once.

I'll call WD on Monday and as them if they know anything. I doubt they do, last time I called them about RAIDs the guy had too look up what they were.

·
Data Recovery Engineer
20,225 Posts
I also think they are dying.
frown.gif

1 - 4 of 4 Posts