Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 3 of the 80GB Seagate Baracuda 7200.9 3.0gbs hard drives. I have them configured in a RAID 0 right now. Just wondering if using 3 drives for a RAID0 actually has an adverse effect on the processor performance to justify using one drive for OS and the other two for RAID1.

I have no ndeed for redundancy as I use an external drive to backup all my data anyway.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackawl View Post
I have 3 of the 80GB Seagate Baracuda 7200.9 3.0gbs hard drives. I have them configured in a RAID 0 right now. Just wondering if using 3 drives for a RAID0 actually has an adverse effect on the processor performance to justify using one drive for OS and the other two for RAID1.

I have no ndeed for redundancy as I use an external drive to backup all my data anyway.
If you have no need for redundancy why use Raid 1?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I guess since I have 3 HD's if RAID0 is not the best option I may as well use them for something. Just a thought. Maybe it would be better to just use 1 HD. I am not sure I have not done much research on the RAID0 Performance versus CPU usage. Just thought I would see what others had to say.

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
ya dude. thats the best way.. raid 0 alll the way.

it's not about CPU usage...it's about the motherboard controller...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds good I will keep the RAID0 this thing is cruising for speed right now anyhow. Tomorrow I get my Tuniq Tower then I will overclock a bit and see true speed.

Thanks for the info guys. Glad I dont have to reformat the system. Just got all my games loaded

1 - 9 of 9 Posts