Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on ordering: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231012 But i was curious as to whether i should just use this ram that i order, or if i should also use my stick of 512 which i have in my system now. The timings on the stick i have now is 2.5-4-4-8, which are rather different from the 2-3-3-6 on the new ram. Should i use the extra stick and have 1.5 gigs or just use the 2 with the equal timings?

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Normally I'd say no don't use the 3rd module which would take away the DC but you do need the volume. On the other hand the slower 2.5 will bring down the faster RAMs speed.
So all considered... probably better off with out it.. try both set ups in a demanding game and see how it does.

·
Banned
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
maybe i should i mentioned this but the 512 stick that i have ATM is some no named brand(which i dont even know). So does that sway any decisions?

·
Premium Member
4,976 Posts
Somewhat. No-name dosen't exactly mean that the memory is bad, it may be very good memory chips, but you never know.

I personally think that you should just get rid (sell) all of your memory you have now, with all the different variations that are in the mix for your memory, I think you'd be getting a better performance gain anyways.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts