Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, I just figured out how to mount a ram drive in win 7 x64 and of course the first thing I had to do was bench it. Let's see what everyone is getting with theirs. Please try and use Crystal Disk Mark 3 with 5x 100MB for comparison's sake. Enjoy:

This is the ramdisk software I'm using in case you're looking for somthing win 7 x64 compatable.

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
It's going to vary a lot depending on what RAM you're running, but there are even a lot of differences between running different RAMdisk programs.

No 100MB test for ya because I only use 50MB tests, but this is VSuite:

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by sn0man View Post
It's going to vary a lot depending on what RAM you're running, but there are even a lot of differences between running different RAMdisk programs.

No 100MB test for ya because I only use 50MB tests, but this is VSuite:

Yes, I know. It's kinda the point to see what good memory can do on as a ramdisk. I just want to see some crazy high numbers that put SSD's to shame.
BTW, your picture isn't showing.

Anyway, this is my memory running at stock speeds as shown in my sig and as you can see it's much faster then that last bench I posted...

I updated my motherboard's BIOS and it kept booting my i7 at 25x multi instead of 21x and kept crashing. I forgot that I had turned down the bus speed (and by extension the memory to below stock speed). I just finished rolling back the BIOS and resetting my memory to 1600MHz 7-7-7-16 1T.

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by WarlordOne View Post
BTW, your picture isn't showing.
Fixed now? Instead of just using Tinypic I used the Overclock.net gallery - guess a private album hides all image links as well.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Good gravy intel can really talk to the memory... so much for AMD representation! This is at DDR3-1800, 9-10-9-27 1T...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts