Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, my system specs are up to date, I have manually set the RAM timings in the BIOS but my Everest Ultimate memory bench has horrible read/write speeds. In a month or two I plan on trying for 4.0Ghz out of this processor, on air. However, in the meantime I'd really like to get better read speeds on the RAM I have installed. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Well you are at stock clocks. The only way to really boost memory scores is to bump up that NB. Try bumping it up to 2.6 to 2.8GHz and see if it's stable.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thx for th info guys...I just wish ASUS had stuck with an Award BIOS (the one I know) instead of switching to AMI. I'm not exactly new to OCing...see bottom-most post at this link: http://www.overclock.net/amd-motherb...i-club-72.html

...but that previous OCing knowledge isn't helping me....since the AMI BIOS is really different, and the single chipset solution on the M4N82 deluxe, doesn't make matters any MORE clear
You both have answered my question though....so I guess I'm just gonna have to wait till more ppl get this mobo/CPU combo.

I'm retired and on a fixed income...so experimenting is "just" a little outside my budget

1 - 4 of 4 Posts