Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Sorry if this post seems a little redundant, but go easy on me, im new here.

I have 3 sticks of Patriot sector 7 DDR3 1600mhz ram. But, when I go into AMD overdrive, it says my ram runs at a slow 533mhz. (X2, so 1033) I payed the extra $$ to have a much higher bandwidth.

So after realizing my ram was running insanely slow (And without sufficient voltage) I brought up its clock to 800mhz (at 1.725v, normal voltage being 1.65) However when I do this, I get BSOD after BSOD after BSOD.

Im a bit confused as to why my ram runs slow, and why I cant O/C it to the proper speeds? From what ive gathered, it ties in with the FSB somehow.

Can anyone clarify this whole situation and let me know how to bring my clock speeds up to the manufacturer speed?

Thanks!
-Jason

Asus M4A785TD-V EVO
AMD AM3 Phenom II 1055T 6 core at 2.8 stock
AMD ATI Radeon 5770 (HIS)
6GB Patriot sector 7 1600mhz (3x2gb)
500GB WD Caviar blue 7200RPM
1TB Samsung eco green 5400RPM
Coolermaster V6

·
Super Moderator
32,931 Posts
You're running 3 sticks of memory on a board that can only handle 2 sticks at DDR3-1333. Yes, that's right. AMD's fastest default speed is DDR3-1333. Put 3 or 4 sticks in, default is DDR3-1066. You're getting BSOD's because you're unstable with that high of a memory multiplier.

·
15,777 Posts
That's a bit high for those RAM's.
Lower the voltage to 1.65 again because high voltage kills RAM really easy.

Try with one stick at a time since you may have gotten a faulty stick.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Pie View Post
its cause your running DDR3......times by 3 then you have your mhz
this is NOT!

Quote:

Originally Posted by pioneerisloud View Post
You're running 3 sticks of memory on a board that can only handle 2 sticks at DDR3-1333. Yes, that's right. AMD's fastest default speed is DDR3-1333. Put 3 or 4 sticks in, default is DDR3-1066. You're getting BSOD's because you're unstable with that high of a memory multiplier.
finally, when i said that people called me crazy and said i have no clue what am talking about and i'm stupid...

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Pie View Post
its cause your running DDR3......times by 3 then you have your mhz
um no. ddr means double data rate, which is why it is x2

1 - 7 of 7 Posts