Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Custom Loop Snob
2,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting no video from a Rampage III Formula I just picked up. The board turns on and it seems functional but it doesn't seem to post or send power to any USB ports. No display from my r9 290 either. Tried resetting it, two of the three pcie slots and even switched the bios.

·
Custom Loop Snob
2,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Problem is ram related. If I boot without ram it beeps but with ram it does nothing at all.

The grey dimm slots are full of dust. I figured this out when trying to stick a dimm into each one. What's the best way to clean them?

·
Custom Loop Snob
2,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well after troubleshooting this bad getting windows installed, I reconnected all my hard disks and now no video again

·
Registered
721 Posts
Sounds like you're getting poor contact throughout. Clean the slots on the board with compressed air and try again. Try one dimm at a time, if one slot doesn't work, try the next one.

·
Custom Loop Snob
2,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you. I did clean the slots a little last night but today I forgot to run by Home Depot to get that electric parts contact cleaner. I'll get it tomorrow and hose the board down with that and air and see what it does after it dries.

I have had the board LEDs not turn on all the way (like the BIOS led) and the board wouldn't start at all.

·
Registered
721 Posts
The board might be on its last legs too, it is getting old.

·
Custom Loop Snob
2,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It is old but I bet it is poor electrical contact. I cleaned it with alcohol last night and that helped but there is probably still dust lingering. I bought it off eBay as is. Guy said it wouldn't do anything at all. I replaced the CMOS battery and I've been working on it and I'm making progress at least.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts