·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are the components involved:

3x Samsung 2693HM
4x EVGA GTX 680 4GB (04G-P4-2686-KR)
1x Asus Rampage IV Extreme

My motherboard needs me to input one of the DVI cables to the top-most card in order to boot, otherwise, there is no video signal. Then I go to windows and configure NVIDIA surround, this is where the problem arises. NVIDIA surround requires me to put all the DVI cables from all 3 monitors to cards 2, 3 and 4. I don't want to have to do this every single time. Is there any way I can configure my motherboard to select which video card to recognize when booting up?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, I've tried that, it just won't go through with something connected to the first card. The instructions are kind of conflicting because it says to input the cables that way but it's saying this in the left picture:

GeForce GTX 680 (1)
* Samsung Syncmaster 2 of 3 - Will not be used
* Phillips PHL 42PFL3403 - Will not be used

·
Registered
615 Posts
Are you using the TV as an accessory display? Try configuring surround without that plugged in first... then once surround is set up attach the TV.

I remember another thread where the guy was trying to set it up and couldnt get it showing on the right monitors... he then removed the accessory display and configured surround first, then attached the 4th monitor/TV

1 - 6 of 6 Posts