Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once every couple weeks, I will be browsing the web and my computer will lock up, music will still play trough spotify, but all the controls and display is frozen. HDD light is flashing, and after a minute or two, everything is fine and back to normal. I look at even viewer and i dont see anything during those times.

I wonder if this is a flash problem. Anyone else run into anything like this?

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Go into your Windows resource monitor and look at read and write from your browser to your HDD. .....But i doubt it your HDD.

What is your CPU usage during the freezes? CPU sometimes is a bottleneck with web browsers.

What's your internet connection speed? http:/http://www.speedtest.net//www.speedtest.net/

Ping the website your using around the time of the crash. What is your latency? Do you have packet loss? Do you share the network with anyone else?

When i had lockups is caused by flash, a little pop-up will occur saying "flash has crashed, should we restart it?".

Also, is your browser 32 bit or 64 bit. What browser are you using? What OS are you using? Have you tried another browser? Does only spotify crash, or does other websites?

What router are you using? How is it set up? When does it refresh/update IP addresses?

I have had random freezes on my browser with crappy computer at work, they are caused by a CPU bottleneck.

I have had random freezes due to Firefox on my home desktop. This was fixed by reinstalling Firefox.

I had random freezes at my old apartment, this was due to the router dropping packets. It was fixed by getting a better router.

Yeah, it could be caused a billion different things.

Your post is way to vague and general for anyone to give you any useful advise. Can you please be more specific? Saying "The hard drive light is blinking" is absolutely useless advise, and just plain laziness on your part. You have to make more of an effort in your description, if you want us to make an effort.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Whole computer is frozen, i cant open resource monitor, and if i had it already open, the screen is stuck, the clock wont even change time.

64bit Win7 Enterprise.
Since the machine is freezing, it cant be network based.
I use Chrome.
No Flash has crashed or Graphics driver crashed.

This is probably more trouble than its worth. I was kinda hoping that someone would be like, ohh yeah, that happening to me last month, update Blah.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts