Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an intel i7 930 oc'd to 3.6 ghz. And I have kind of had troubles with temps and stuff and pretty much gave up. But I just had a crazy temperature drop of 12C. I have a corsair h50 and usually it peaks at about 78-80C. But I just tested it again and it peaked at 68C and most of the time hung around 66-67C. Those are still high temps and the side panel was removed but does that constitute for such a drop? And just to answer before anyone asks my vcore is 1.10....something (bunch of decimals and dont wanna look) which is very low and is 100% stable!

·
Premium Member
13,266 Posts
the case being open can do that, especially if the fan on the rad is blowing out of the case. How is your system set up? If the radiator on the inside, and has airflow pushing air out of the case? or do your fans blow air from ourside the case into the radiator inside the case?

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
maybe your thermal paste finally set in...i dunno otherwise...

EDIT...what case is your rigg in? if its really hot inside your case...and you took the side panel off then maybe that could be possible reason for that big temp drop...do you have a small cramped case?

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sin0822
View Post

the case being open can do that, especially if the fan on the rad is blowing out of the case. How is your system set up? If the radiator on the inside, and has airflow pushing air out of the case? or do your fans blow air from ourside the case into the radiator inside the case?

the rad is set up on top of the case and the fan is pulling out of the case

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by d33r
View Post

maybe your thermal paste finally set in...i dunno otherwise...

EDIT...what case is your rigg in? if its really hot inside your case...and you took the side panel off then maybe that could be possible reason for that big temp drop...do you have a small cramped case?

yeah but i have had it for a while, for maybe two months now so i doubt its the thermal paste. I have a silverstone rv-1 so know its not cramped

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ha fake? I wouldnt say fake but just low end... and dont worry about that cuz soon that will change lol.

·
Premium Member
13,266 Posts
if its blowing out of the case then yea there you go. do this turn it around so its blowing in the case, close the side door and you should get the same temps. The case will get hot if there isnt really really good airflow inside, i always have anything that needs crucial cooling blowing into the case and then exhaust fans positioned to exhale that air.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShortySmalls View Post
taking the sidepannel off always drops the temps , even in rigs with fake watercooling

I have watercooling (360 rad over the intakes) in a Silverstone FT02 (the case with the 90 degree rotated motherboard and strong positive pressure airflow, using the included brackets and the stock fans).

When I did an experiment and had the panel off, it got over 10C higher core temps under load! Nothing else about the setup was different. The temps went down very quickly when I simply put the panel back on.

Just sayin...

was weird.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts