Overclock.net banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My problems started a while ago, a few weeks after i installed a new graphics card (EVGA 560Ti SC)
I have tried old and new nvidia drivers, updated my bios and all the drivers i could find for other components.
I finally tried reinstalling windows 7 (64bit) amd thought i had fixed the problem untilli got another BSOD a few days ago..
PS.
The system is overclocked to 4.5Ghz, but i still get the same errors at stock.
some times in games and sometimes just browsing the net or watching video's

BSOD1.txt 2k .txt file

System:

ASUS Sabertooth 990fx
AMD [email protected] sub 50°c for under normal use
Kingston HyperX pc12800 8x4GB kit
Samsung 830 128GB ssd with new firmware
EVGA 560Ti SC (running stock until i can figure this out) 60-70°c in games
Corsair AX850
Installed in an fractal R3 with fairly good ventilation..

Attachments

·
I Love this Hobby!
7,830 Posts
Could be your ram or your vram.

Test your ram with Memtest86+ (to eliminate that possibility).

If you have another video card see if the computer keeps crashing with that card, if not, then RMA your new video card.

·
Premium Member
3,702 Posts
I had the 116 BSOD several times last week after rolling back my Bios from 1.4 to 1.2. No matter what I did in Bios didn't work. The problem went way after returning to 1.4 again. Since you already updated your Bios, Reinstall DirecX or try the card in a different PCI-E slot.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I get no error during memtest...
I can try the graphics card in another computer, but since the bsods appear random, it could take a while

Edit:
i usually play at 1920x1200 or 1680x1050 in more demanding games, but i get bluescreens in when im just chatting and stuff in windows as well.
in average i get about 2 bsod's a week

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimm View Post

I get no error during memtest...
I can try the graphics card in another computer, but since the bsods appear random, it could take a while
Edit:
i usually play at 1920x1200 or 1680x1050 in more demanding games, but i get bluescreens in when im just chatting and stuff in windows as well.
in average i get about 2 bsod's a week
Anyway that you, as Gunderman said again, can try another GPU? That's really strange because I used to have that error only because I had my DDR3 in the wrong slots (I was a noob
redface.gif
). I find it interesting that MemTest is working well for you. Are you sure that they are in the proper channels (Both in A or B?)?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have tried reinstalling directx, this morning.
Once i got back from work i noticed a new and exciting symptom!
The mouse pointer is disfigured and has a lot of trippy colors.
later I'm thinking of dismantling the system to check for faults in any of the plugs and connectors

Truestorybro525:
The memory sticks are in the correct slots

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
After a lot of testing and trying different drivers i still get bluescreens, but now i get at different errorcode.

d1.txt 2k .txt file

according to bluescreenview its ntoskrnl.exe and nvlddmkm that is causing it..

i tried the gfx-card in another computer, but it has an appallingly crappy psu, so the computer crashed in games and graphics-tests.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,774 Posts
Quote:

After a lot of testing and trying different drivers i still get bluescreens, but now i get at different errorcode.

d1.txt 2k .txt file

according to bluescreenview its ntoskrnl.exe and nvlddmkm that is causing it..
i tried the gfx-card in another computer, but it has an appallingly crappy psu, so the computer crashed in games and graphics-tests.
Can you please supply the files from this thread: http://www.overclock.net/t/1288510/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-8-7-vista/0_50

What was the PSU on the other computer?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Had to rename the files to share them
The PSU in the other computer is some ultra budget thing that came with the case.
Just to give you an idea, the +12 rail is 11A :/
and the 550W sticker must refer to the amount of power it can deliver for 0.000001sec.

Dont judge me, I feel guilt over using such crap
smile.gif

AutoRuns.txt 2243k .txt file

perfmon.txt 2962k .txt file

Don't know if you're able to tell anything useful from these readouts.

Edit:
sorry, perfmon.html og autorun.arn

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,774 Posts
Quote:

Had to rename the files to share them
The PSU in the other computer is some ultra budget thing that came with the case.
Just to give you an idea, the +12 rail is 11A :/
and the 550W sticker must refer to the amount of power it can deliver for 0.000001sec.
Dont judge me, I feel guilt over using such crap
smile.gif

AutoRuns.txt 2243k .txt file

perfmon.txt 2962k .txt file

Don't know if you're able to tell anything useful from these readouts.
What file type are they? RAR? ZIP?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.