Overclock.net banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been have some problems with this 9950. i had a 6000+ and no problems with it. but on till i installed my 9950 i been getting random freezes and resets. i updated the bios and i even tried different os's but im still getting these freezes and restarts (which is the blue screen). im thinking it could be my memory though. can anybody help me.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
adrianaugust17.... what vcore are you running, and do you have the memory set to the manufacturer's specified voltage and timings?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my vcore is at 1.040 and the memory is set to default.
dram:400
dc mode: ungaged
nb frequency:2000.2 mhz
Timings 5-5-5-18 (CL-RCD-RP-RAS)

is this the norm

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Is your vcore 1.040v or 1.400v? If it's really at 1.040v, it's way too low. And what is the default memory voltage setting in the BIOS?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
okay im using cpu-z and it tells me that my core v is 1.040. now i looked in my bios and it said 1.23. which one should i go by.
the default memory voltage is 1.96.

thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I'd go by the vcore listed in the BIOS.... CPU-Z isn't always accurate for that. So you could definitely increase your vcore to 1.35V.

·
My claws fix anything
3,246 Posts
Is cool & quiet enabled? that could be part of the problem.

It sounds to me like it could be a power issue. Do you have the 140w version of the 9950? Also does the blue screen hang at all... does it immediately reboot? will it fire back up?

Have you reseated the ram yet? lots of problems on fresh builds come from poorly seated ram. I would also run memtest (tests 5 and 8 are the ones that usually produce the most failures) if you think that the ram might be the problem.

Also, I just noticed, but you have 5GB of ram? try taking out the mismatched ram, and see if that helps. The IMC can be picky at times.

Did you update to the newest BIOS? Sometimes that will help with these unexplainable errors.

Just throwing things out there, hopefully that can get you started with troubleshooting.

Good luck

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Here's a few advise:

• reset the CMOS (load default setting of BIOS)
• reseat your RAM sticks (try different slots)
• check all the cables (8-pin and 24-pin and of course, the power cable)

Good luck!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts